Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

Are these damaged because you can't run at that scale? I know there was size limitations for reskins. Definitely a program that seems to have lots of fun. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thanks.
    With the official "TurnTable" in the latter testing stages, &, believe its release to take place within another week or so. I've released the "3BayRoundHouse" ahead of schedule in anticipation, &, resides within the "WorkShop".

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Are these damaged because you can't run at that scale? I know there was size limitations for reskins. Definitely a program that seems to have lots of fun. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Thanks

Sean
    Sorry "O'l Man, lost me in translation.

No Reskins shown within TrainSim,
    Default RL equipment are the ones users able to reskin-(only).
    3rd party creators like my goods, are hardwired, some reskin-able, others, a blend of both features.

Haven shot the breeze some time ago with Jack (dev) RL has no scale fore-say. The nice thing about having no official scale if you will. In Blender, 3D-Builder, other modeling programs of user choice, are able to work at any size comfortable, then, during placement within RL can scale any size to fit your world. Honestly no idea what scale I be modeling at, nor operate in RL. I keep a piece of RL official content on hand & during both modeling & placing within RL Grow / Shrink to fit with mouse wheel. If I had to guess going by some of the sizes I've placed beside during modeling would say a close scale of "HO", for some, seem to model very tiny say "N" while others I've got my hands on very large perhaps "O".
    Last edited by SMRY; 02-01-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Sean, another RL feature may not be aware of, &, having your drone on the mind this morn. RL will allow the use of track plans, google overlays, snapshots, your use of drone shots would surely fit in as well etc. on the tabletops if you will during the building stages. This would allow anyone to model real should that be their thing. Pretty much like you began within "Trainz". The sky's the limit, &, that too has begun to take-off, being filled with 3rd party aircraft, UFO's, stars, planets, &, beyond. if the other direction be ones thing, sub-terrain is also just beginning to dig-in, mining, caves, tunnels, etc. WaterWorlds are also coming about, being modeled as well.

The issue with my drone shots is that you can't use it as a permanent table top because it shows all the trees etc. You can certainly use it as a guide.

Thanks

Sean

For something different for the day played around inside "Bog Pit Mine" original LayOut created by "Franks". I recolored a lot of the map, &, refit with various creations for a different look / feel. I installed some personal projects that are part Steam "WorkShop". I also installed the latest officially released "TurnTable". &. installed a "RePurposed" default structure as "EngHs" for the newly formed "RLSW". The newly formed industrial RR "RLSW (RollingLine-SteelWorks" resides for the most part within another original LayOut created by "Franks" Called "Open Hearth Point", which there I refitted / added my newly created "Blast Furnace" complex.

20210208202154_1.jpg20210208202222_1.jpg20210208201257_1.jpg20210206155243_1.jpg20210206155305_1.jpg

Other shots within "Open Hearth Point", &, "RollingLine-SteelWorks". "Foundry" cars have yet to be created, default gonds being used as stand-ins for the moment, while testing. Believe, other members of RL are also creating the needed, new car types. Eventually my own fleets will be released, alongside those as well.

20210206155328_1.jpg20210206155459_1.jpg20210206155535_1.jpg20210207043950_1.jpg20210206155941_1.jpg

Hey Scott meant to ask you is all that smoke and flame animated? If it is I don't recall any sim having that much detail despite the lower resolutions of this sim.

Thanks

Sean

Morning O'l Man, Some of the default items within RL have animation, steam engs, various lights etc. Sadly my toys do not, as, I'm still learning that portion. New sounds are another area I've yet to hit on, though, 3rd party sounds are now just beginning to creep into the game somewhat regularly. I believe not too long ago, Dev spoke of trying to ease the pains of getting animations in, that don't already come with the vanilla game. Dev already has a very neat animation / effect when it comes to snow. The snow comes down, covers the railways, snow plows & rotary's come along clear the snow. You can also fit engs with pilot fitted plows, that will also animate clearing snow. If the temp of the day rises & snow not cleared will auto-melt, &, refill should it still continue to snow.