Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Is someone stealing your mods and taking credit for them?
    No I don't believe so, they think/feel I used theirs, if any, to create my own.

My creations I don't become bent if others use, tweak to their hearts content
    once out of my PC have no control anyways.
    I'd advised in the past many talk of ownership etc. like I say if worry about notoriety, don't offer in the first place.
    Others can't steal, claim as own, use, whatever we call it, if not out there in the first place.

I surely understand if payware, that be another kettle of fish, un to itself.

Anyways, thus far only 2 units used officially from Rolling Line those be the AC44s offered for repaint to everyone.
    I gave both creator & RL their due credits, as, requested in their rules, if & when reuploaded to the RL workshop for public redist.

well today in honor of wishes removed all my goods from RL-WorkShop with exception of 2 tribute units allowed. I post here as well, for they may also be part of TrainSim community. Now that I've done so the emails roll in from others advising keep thing up & offer more, lol, can't win. damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

Sorry to hear that happened! Making mods can be a very thankless task, especially on the Steam Workshop. For every thousand grateful users, there is always one demanding, obnoxious one who demanding updates or tweaks or whatever.

I have a few ATS mods up and someone took one of mine and used it as the basis for creating their own. I would have been cool with it, except they put my mod name and logo on it to make it seem like it was endorsed by me. They also made some unkind comments about me in the description because I had turned down their unsolicited friend request (which was their only effort to contact me regarding their project).

I've learned that no matter what you do on the internet, there is someone out there who will either take what you said in the most wrong way possible, or have a massive problem with what you do, and scream from the rooftops about it. Having to grit one's teeth and accept you can't make everyone happy is hard when it's something you are sharing for free to improve others' games.

Metal
    From what I took away from the mail, was whoever this trio call themselves publicly, when not in the background, was some form of bullying I guess could call it. Wanting to be the only ones to offer mods of their own. Anyways, I did as advised. Now others filling the mail wanting answers, &, reupload of goods. Perhaps one day, that will be up to those officially in charge of things, whomever they really may be.

Preformed little more work on the SDP40F this morn/afternoon. Sure wish had my youth & eyesight once again. Anyways, eng is what it is. The HTC trucks are generics created by Modder: ThePainTrain. Eventually I'll be tweaking those to some degree. 3/4 other snapshots to follow.
    20201208104053_1.jpg20201208104139_1.jpg20201208104313_1.jpg20201208134301_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good to see that you've put the builder's plate in there.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Last few days been trying another GP build, using 3D-Builder. I took the time to try my hand at creating both New Knuckles & Drawbars, along with trainline & piping. I've also shortened the couplers, &, played around with their numbers within the files. Thus far so good.
    For the hell of it also tried my hand at heavy weathering for a neat look. WIPX = (Work IN Progress) 1214 = month of December, 14th day. (Happy Holidays)

20201216160353_1.jpg20201216160432_1.jpg

That is definitely heavily weathered......looks as if it's been through a flooded river up to it's handrails!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    That is definitely heavily weathered......looks as if it's been through a flooded river up to it's handrails!

We in the RR business used to call that, making money. If unit is clean, it obviously, not making money.
    I noted just after release, I left out several details from the work bench, eventually I'll get back to them.

Still working on my SDP40F, basic shape inplace, works within game fine. Somewhere along the way however, for the life of me can't recall, or, get me a good working texture fit to its shape so others could recolor to some of the popular paint schemes.