Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

You are still flying the RL flag, then Scott

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Sadly Mike, RL spotty, as Scotty's loosing more & more of his eyesight, suffered a mini-stroke 1/1.5 months ago, lost complete sight in one eye for a time. Has returned, though not as good. Damned, I spend more time repairing typos, while i make my entries here at TS, other spots.

On a better note Mike. RL community still the same... lol. Just within the last week or so, a member posted a project, along with a mystery google earth clip, mystery clue: last of the operable tunnel motors, along with a large fleet of GP35 series. Others were to guess which location it was & RR they would be modeling. Bad O'l SMRY was the first & only to enter an answer of WLE at Brewster, OH. I also mentioned a neighboring RR haven purchased a large fleet of 35s. Long story short my entry ended the mystery contest within minutes of posting, as, I was spot-on. The prize was to be acknowledgement, &. some sort of Steam Points, whatever they are, whatever. Well, didn't even congratulate me, entry answer deleted. followed by hateful PMs with the usual, not dead yet? just get it done!. Drop dead, along with other rude remarks. RLSS at their finest. Yes. lol. Mike, I still fly the RL Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You are still flying the RL flag, then Scott

Mike.

Oh my goodness Scott, that is terrible news buddy. Really sorry to hear you have been having major medical difficulties.

I just read in the R8 section, about your sight problems. This old age lark is a major pain in the rear.

I don't know how you stick that RL lot Scott. i would have given up long ago. When they have that sort of attitude.

And what sort of human being, wishes another dead. Over a petty thing like a train game.

I just couldn't be bothered with idiots like that. This forum has an ignore feature and i have a few people on my list. But at least no-one has ever wished me dead.

Take it easy Scott.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Ya know Mike, my haven mentioned TS to members of RLSS, they too migrated here, to, hang in the background. I often here not so nice remarks of family here at TS. On a good note, Mike, you haven't been missed on the hit list from time to time.Honestly it isn't the community that holds my interest at RL as it does here at TS. All the boys in my family were all artsy, like myself & RL helps me keep the artist tendencies alive, for I had put away the pencils, paints, various mediums, esp. after each & every love lost, Family, both Candace & latest Love (Brains of the outfit) Bonnie & her beloved cat (female) Andi. With RLSS I really had high hopes of becoming a part of the community, sadly they stripped that portion away, their choice. I could easily forgive, share once again, they've chosen not to allow. I had also discovered the community not as large as I once thought. What members there is, use different username changes daily, at times by the minute. Their explanation is name changing is fun, they also appear very, very violent at times esp., in their comments. They also let me know, what there is of the community most are under the age of 12/14 many still single digits. ah that's enough for the moment, eyes already giving out for the moment, besides, endless correction of typos becoming overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Oh my goodness Scott, that is terrible news buddy. Really sorry to hear you have been having major medical difficulties.

I just read in the R8 section, about your sight problems. This old age lark is a major pain in the rear.

I don't know how you stick that RL lot Scott. i would have given up long ago. When they have that sort of attitude.

And what sort of human being, wishes another dead. Over a petty thing like a train game.

I just couldn't be bothered with idiots like that. This forum has an ignore feature and i have a few people on my list. But at least no-one has ever wished me dead.

Take it easy Scott.

Mike.

Well as long as they are talking about me Scott, they are leaving the others alone.

Must be nice to be artistic and creative buddy. I haven't got a drop of either in my old bones and never have done.

Best to just do your own thing then Scott. Ignore the lot of them, don't try to share. Do it solely for your own pleasure.

You saying about the ages of the members of the RL crowd. That is the same for all these train games. Well that is what i have worked out over the years, of being on different forums. Most are clueless, some are annoying and there are usually a handful of people that are worth bothering with. Just like the real world in general buddy.

Take it easy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I've tried plenty of times. He gets a humor from it. Even at 50 I don't have enough hours in the day. Mind you I'm much healthier thankfully. There are audible books out there and even telescopes just to think of 2 things.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Trouble is Mike. It's the sharing that I enjoy most. Been at the PC I believe over 10/15 yrs now, but, when it came to games / MP modes I held back. FYM was my first experience with anything MP. Was oh so great many yrs. then, it's ownership & resulting government changed, much younger crowd filtered in. meanness set in, thus, I dropped out. Thus, I went it alone. In that regards RLSS reminds me of that troubled period. Run8 was my second experience with MP, &, thus far, tops in my books. Probably due to the fact no one left close family / friend wise. I place more empathise / importance on the MP side probably more than many. Again sharing is key, also the sims/games just another lonely place without MP activated. Now RL doesn't have MP for say (planned for the future), but, sharing ideas. models, general gab drew me in first. Sadly, I've learned hard lessons, taken & continue to take my knocks, while trying to keep RL alive to the last drop. This late in life, the pc is my social life. lol. Being in the sticks, alone, many don't hear of me town wise, now they've begun sending volunteers from both "Meals On Wheels", every other day, while a local general store delivers what they call just the opposite of meals on wheels. The store calls theirs "Wheels On Meals" we deliver fresh rd kill.. they visit the other days. I gather they're doing so, after learning of my so called mini-stroke & not being discovered for a day or two in the drive during the cold months, lol & in my so called "Jew Jammie" as the crowd at RLSS call them. Besides' the town doesn't want to loose my paying property taxes. Got to take care of a good paying citizen, lol. Sorry I'm headed way off in left field, enough!.

lol on a better note been sitting here typing, the cats (Diesel & Handsome) had been talking to another stray at the window. I'd gone out with food, kitty ate, then wandered off. I just went out, talking to the same stray for over an hours' time sitting just inside the wood-line, somewhat dark back there, lots of shadows. Anyways, here I been calling / talking to that kitty, decided to venture over see if I could get close. Well, I discovered that kitty is nothing but a dark stump, sure looked like a cat to me. Meow!.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    I've tried plenty of times. He gets a humor from it. Even at 50 I don't have enough hours in the day. Mind you I'm much healthier thankfully. There are audible books out there and even telescopes just to think of 2 things.

Thanks

Sean
    lol. Then there's Sean, what can I say?, everyone knows he's trouble, can't live without him. He's part of my internet family. "Don't Fear The Reaper". I can get ya a deal, I've a foot in the door, inside connections.

Cat fish, Cat Tree we can all imagine they are meowing at us.
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS