Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossing signal set in the works

This is really cool. RR crossings keep players woke.

I just uploaded the set. It's all modern stuff for active-signaled crossings, but passive crossing equipment and older active signals are planned. Right now I've got three Magnetic Signal wigwag designs done, with one more planned, along with probably two WRRS Autoflags and a US&S DW. Griswold signals are well under way, and I intend to do wishbone gates (WRRS has some great detail drawings of these) and some other oddball accesories. Do let me know what you guys think

Thank you for this Modern Crossing Signal Set...it will replace all my old ones made from CI_Basegate and CI_Flasher_Dual...

Michel

Fantastic set Travis ! Thank you very much ! Glad to see you are going to do more classic items for crossings in the future. Maybe classic Black & White wishbone style gates for the 1960's ito the 70's. But until that day, this set is awesome !
    - Mark -

Thanks very much, Travis!! Excited about the fact that they will not be flashing aimlessly. Great advancement there.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Thank you. In rebuilding the RF&P, I deleted all the interactive objects. When I put the crossing gates back, I can use these instead.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

So I have a basic set of wishbone gates done, along with another wigwag or two. I do have a question, though: What setting would be best to get that 'shiny' effect for cat's eye-style reflectors? I do plan to model signs which use them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Travis,

I thank you for giving me the chance to beta test the vintage gates & signs you are making.

I started testing them last night and the ones you have done look great. So far the ones I installed are working like a charm.

I have more about them on the link below with some screenshots. Thanks again Travis !!

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...67#post1965967
    - Mark -

So I've got a set nearing completion. It has some more shapes for modern routes, but the bulk of the set is devoted to older equipment. Below is an image of some of the things included. Right now, barring any late-breaking issues or distractions, it should be out some time next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Travis,

A couple of things and I make these suggestions, having designed crossing systems for several
    years before I retired in 1' = 1' scale.
    1. Entrance & Exit gates. I guess the only way to do it would be to put a flasher/gate on the
    exit side of the crossing and puts its control blocks on the track in the usual way. These are
    often referred to as 4-quadrant gates, the purpose being to completely seal off the road on
    both sides of the track so that the only way to run the gates is to physically break through
    them which is not going to be good for the vehicle.

2 Angled flashers in addition to the regular flasher. Often these are on the same post as
    the regular flashers but they are angled to provide warning for an intersecting road.

J. H. Sullivan
    retired from CSX & Southern Rwy.