Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BLW/ZT passenger train west pack

Default BLW/ZT passenger train west pack

Has the passenger train west pack ever been released? I looked on the BLW/ZT website but can't find it there.

thanks, paul

Is there something specific you are looking for? BLW/ZT has released an Amtrak Northwest Heritage set, a couple of ATSF & SP passenger sets as well as passenger train sets for DRGW, GN, NP, WP/DRGW/CBQ, MILW and MILW/UP, any of which I guess could be considered "passenger train west" releases.

I am looking for the one that has the national limited with MKT sleepers and mopac sleepers.

Baltimore & Ohio’s National Limited was the railroad’s premier train between New York City and St. Louis. You wouldn't have found Missouri Pacific or Katy coaches or sleepers on B&O flagship trains like the National or Capitol limited. I have the BLW B&O set...no such coaches were included.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Not released yet. IC set has the green light first. It's coming

Search "Doug Nash" in the Passenger Car area of the Download Library. I believe that is what you are looking for.

Some sets you do have to own certain BLW or BLW/ZT payware sets for, but the National & Capitol LTD sets come with a .s & .sd file I believe.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Search "Doug Nash" in the Passenger Car area of the Download Library. I believe that is what you are looking for.

Some sets you do have to own certain BLW or BLW/ZT payware sets for, but the National & Capitol LTD sets come with a .s & .sd file I believe.
    It's actually the other way around. The shapes must be purchased from BLW. Doug created the skins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    Baltimore & Ohio’s National Limited was the railroad’s premier train between New York City and St. Louis. You wouldn't have found Missouri Pacific or Katy coaches or sleepers on B&O flagship trains like the National or Capitol limited. I have the BLW B&O set...no such coaches were included.
    Hi Frank, I have consists (from a B&O book) from the 1950's with run through 14-4 sleepers from MoPac (Texas Eagle) and Frisco (Texas Special). I'll scan and post them later.

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Hi Frank, I have consists (from a B&O book) from the 1950's with run through 14-4 sleepers from MoPac (Texas Eagle) and Frisco (Texas Special). I'll scan and post them later.

Sample consist from 1949 - recreation, car names and numbers representational

Quote Originally Posted by trs666 View Post
    Is there something specific you are looking for? BLW/ZT has released an Amtrak Northwest Heritage set, a couple of ATSF & SP passenger sets as well as passenger train sets for DRGW, GN, NP, WP/DRGW/CBQ, MILW and MILW/UP, any of which I guess could be considered "passenger train west" releases.
    Following on from Tim's post above I'd make one further observation. By far the best Heavyweight models available (IMO and based on a lot of research and book purchases) are the coaches contained in some of the bonuses for the "Troop Train" pack. One of BLW/ZT's gems in my book with a lots of rare and obscure pieces of stock which had wider usage than the skins in the packs.

I mention this because although it's great to have models of the "Prestige" Passenger trains with their lightweight and streamlined cars the reality is that these represented not only a short period of history and service but were, away from all the Railroad publicity shots, often made up of VERY mixed consists. Old Troop Train cars were converted to baggage cars, most head end stock was a mixture of very different manufacturer's heavyweight cars, many liveries could be seen in any one consist because, for example B&O, C&O and WM merged but kept a lot of stock in the original roads liveries and of course the B&O was famous for "streamlining" their old heavyweight cars as a cheaper option than investing in all new lightweight stock.

By the end of the individual Roads running their own passenger trains many of these had become a string of Baggage and Mail cars with just a single coach tacked on the end. Some local services look rather odd (to European eyes at least) with often battered E units hauling a single heavyweight baggage car and a coach or even just a single coach.

It would be great to have some passenger sets that would have been typical of the steam era too. These heavyweight consists were still the same on many trains when the E Units arrived.

The real problem with sharing research material of these trains is that the online libraries are brilliant for individual items of stock but very poor of pictures of whole trains. Luckily that's why Railroad Books still really come into their own.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM and I'll gladly scan examples of the above and share them but I'm not sure how Nels would feel about the copyright issue of posting them here? Many of the books I've removed from your shores are second hand and most are still available so I'll put together a book list for any other book addicts like myself

BTW one further variation to these excellent Heavyweights would be an all rounded roof conversion that was a modification to some of many roads heavyweight stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lateagain; 02-24-2020 at 05:32 AM.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK