Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers Pass mystery

Default Rogers Pass mystery

Hi, anyone know what this is and how to fix it? Found a couple of these around mp 123 and 97...

Thanks in advance.

RogersPass.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jiggywatt View Post
    Hi, anyone know what this is and how to fix it? Found a couple of these around mp 123 and 97...

Thanks in advance.

RogersPass.jpg
    Been there for years, Morgoth used to live in it until he got drunk on mead and fell out the window.
    I asked the same question -- forgot the answer, --- probably somebody with route skills has fixed it for OR, but cannot provide it to the community because it involves proprietary shapes or something. Perhaps some kind soul will provide instructions for a fix using TSRE.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Been there for years, Morgoth used to live in it until he got drunk on mead and fell out the window.

I'm curious about a fix for this as well. I have several of them in Kicking Horse Pass, Rogers Pass and Shuswap. I'm not a route builder but I'm willing to try if someone can provide directions.

Thanks

Bert

Good question, i would also like to know this.

Its a terrain spike, where one point in the terrain has an astronomically high value. I fixed it once in the old RE, you need the camera to hover over it looking straight down in order to select the precise spot. Personally I would expect a fix from MLTs new management since they can push free 'boxed fixes' via their storefront.

The route also suffered from a white tile problem and a low signal bridge near the summit that did not clear stacks and were fixed by a prior patch.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Its a terrain spike, where one point in the terrain has an astronomically high value.
    That is correct ! If I remember correct, one of them was quite high too !
    - Mark -

Hi Geepster775

I should have clarified in my previous post that I only get these spikes when running these routes in OR. I have never noticed them when running in MSTS.

Since I don't see it in MSTS am I likely to see it in the RE?

Thanks

Bert

To fix it in TSRE, just use paint brush and set it's mode to fixed height and set the height value. It is very easy.
    You don't see it in MSTS, because MSTS does not use full resolution terrain data, unlike OR and TSRE.
    MSTS uses precalculated terrain buffers with full resolution only near tracks and roads.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    That is correct ! If I remember correct, one of them was quite high too !
    Yes, they go into the stratosphere. Jack and his beanstalk have nothing on this.