Thread: Are some routes worth keeping?

Default Are some routes worth keeping?

Hi guys,

A while ago I was watching At The Railyard and thought to myself, why these reviews are great, some of these great routes didn't quite hold up to either modern standards, or playability in Open Rails. Whether from crappy texturing or game breaking glitches. So I took matter into my own hands and gave a go at creating a review that looks at these older routes from a modern perspective. Please let me know what you think!

Give it a watch: https://youtu.be/ArvQDJwjfL4

Duke

Remember that reviews are one person's take on something .
    Myself , I don't criticize anything that has been given freely to the public . Payware is another subject altogether .
    The freeware contributions were given on a " Use if you want or not " basis . They are usually something that a fellow Simmer has put quite a bit of effort into and has done his best .
    A lot of the older Simmers have adjusted said freeware to suit themselves and are content to enjoy the gifts given them .
    I never discourage anyone that makes the effort to create and then freely put it up on the block for us to use .
    I'm very appreciative of those people and I hope they continue to enjoy their creations and offer them to the less talented of us also .

Nuff Said !

I am one hundred percent behind you on that! Freeware is acceptable in any place. What I hope to accomplish by these reviews is not to knock freeware or payware routes, but hopefully give people the ideas and inspiration to improve the content themselves. Especially with TSRE and the new tools we have at our disposal, even the most incomplete W.I.P mess can be turned into something special. I hope people will understand that. Without this freeware and the hardwork of those who create it this simulator never would have become what it is!

If it still works and you still enjoy it, then keep it.

Paul :-)

I definetly agree on what is said...and with Paul.

And i also want to point out what "bwbrgb" said:
    "I'm very appreciative of those people and I hope they continue to enjoy their creations and offer them to the less talented of us also ."

I just want to thank them too...

Michel