Thread: GB_SD40_CN files (cabview and sound) missing in Conbuilder

Question GB_SD40_CN files (cabview and sound) missing in Conbuilder

I download the freeware locomotive from the site of Valleypass and it's GB_SD40_CN. I did posted my message over there early this morning and so far no one reply to my message. So I decided to post here and might get a quick response about the problem with this locomotive. It's an exe file to install. And I was surprised to see that I got 212 error messages for cabview and sound files after test them in Conbuilder to make sure everything is good but it's not. If anyone interest to see what is not right in both files and what is missing with the files? I am attaching two zip files for anyone to look at.

Let me know what need to be done to correct the problem of missing files.

Thank you,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like your install is missing the MSTS Content upgrade. I assume that because the missing texture files are supposed to be in ............../Trainset/SD402/Cabview.
    Charles

Just copy over the sound and cabview folders from the current class of TS CN content and make the adjustments in the ENG files. I would shriek at the prospects of using Kuju default cabs and sounds

There are new sets for the SD40 & SD40-2 here in the library ... Ron Furto; MLW (Anthony Wood); Matt Florack; Andy Hockin --- a little searching will find them.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Charles,

Thank you for the reminder about the folder of MSTS Content package which I forgot all about this Right now I have the mini routes folder for 1MSTS like CN, CP, GTA, BNSF and CSX. That's why I didn't copy/paste that file folder into CN > TRAINS > TRAINSET.

John