Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run8 Snarky Rumor Control

Looking at the press releases on the Run8 site:

12/6/2019 - Update 9 released, Lone Pine and Trona released, mexed Freight Pack2 released.
    11/26/2019 - Selkirk/Mohawk update released
    6/14/2019 - Mixed Freight Pack 1 released, Wellcar Pack 3 released.
    6/1/2019 - Arvin and Oak Creek released.
    5/22/2019 - Update 8 (with SJVR locomotives) released.

So, that hardly indicates that the program is "dead", or there is no communication.

Would I like to have more updates from John or Brad? Yes. Am I eager to know when I'll get my hands on V3 (and what will be in it), YES. However, it's no secret that for various reasons, Run8 Studios tends to be "tight-lipped" about what is in the pipeline. Meanwhile, through the years they have provided a quality product at a very fair price. I've received many hours of enjoyment out of it (much more than the "other" sims) and will continue to do so. I want substance, not an inferior product with great "eye candy".

My 2 cents worth!

^

Add these to the list -

22/3/2019 Bakersfield Sub route, Seligman Sub West Update 1

3/8/2019 The 7th Run8 V2 Update

That's basically a total of eleven releases for 2019.
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 03-11-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Well since we are rumor busting, I don't recall anyone saying Run8 was dead. I have said the MP community is dying and I think the evidence is out there.

Run8 has no requirement to do anything period. Suggestions have been made to make Run8 stronger. Speculation is welcome and encouraged on my forum. That is what fans of many things do. I don't need to fact check or police my forums because something might be inaccurate. John has set the record straight. Last I heard I'm not a journalist or a news outlet. In other words I'm entitled to my opinion as is anyone on my forum, period, end of story.

Thanks

Sean

Good, Bad, Indifferent, openness is key.
    Long live Run8, RTS, Others, that would attempt challenge.

For sure, this is where my concern lies and that is community.

One of the big two just shut down their SE server due to lack of numbers or something. This after they shut down their NE server previously.

Never said Run8 is dead. BTW I don't mean to kick dirt on a server that had to give up either. It's one less option for people, but when there are no people to run I honestly can't blame a host.

Thanks

Sean

All of which is why a robust single player game in V3 is absolutely essential... for those of us left standing to see it, given current world issues
    Vern.

Run8 will go thru it's ups and downs and going on about oh the sky is falling is someones thoughts not the communities thoughts. MP is fun for sessions and SP is great if you only want to concentrate on a smaller area. A few of us rails spend time running on a server that we run as real railroaders not arm chair wanna be's.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .... for those of us left standing to see it, given current world issues..
    Over-hyped and paranoia run rampant, IMO. The mass-media has a lot to answer for.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I still don't know why so many folks trust what is becoming an increasingly evident unworthy mass media. Perhaps if we all stopped watching those buffoons on TV, we could all breathe easier and sleep better at night.
    Back to thread, thank you John and the R8 team, for a robust, albeit empty-without-an-editor simulator. Which isn't to say that I dislike the program, far from it. I look forward to V3 and beyond.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    A few of us rails spend time running on a server that we run as real railroaders not arm chair wanna be's.

LOL When I come home from work, the last thing I want to do is more work that is 'just like work' that I don't get paid for. Home time is for clearing my head FROM work. But I understand, somebody has to fall on that sword of ultra dedication as a marketing gimmick.