Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run8 Snarky Rumor Control

Default Run8 Snarky Rumor Control

El Programmerdero here:

It was pointed out to me that there were rumors floating around about Run8 V2 using XNA and being 32-bit, and the program being "dead", etc; it's all false as usual.

-V2 has always been 64-bit; 32-bit is dead
    -V2 does not use XNA, it can't (XNA is 32-bit). We use SharpDX as our DX11 library
    -Run8 is quite alive and well with several projects going

But John, why does the XNA Redistributable exist in the Redistributables folder?
    -Because when V2 first released in Nov 2016, we had all of our existing V1 users who needed to transfer their existing add-ons over, hence the old Converter, which had to make use of XNA in order to convert our old XNA asset files over to the V2 format. The converter was 32-bit in order to make use of XNA during the process. Run8 V1 was 32-bit and used XNA.

But John, you guys are so slow and don't update us on every move you're making?
    -Guilty on both charges. We can spend our time blogging, or we can spend our time working and living our lives (even though we're in that super-elite upper class of society that develops train-sims, we still have wives, families, emergencies and other obligations just like any other mere mortal). All kidding aside, what can I say, we're self-employed Gen-Xers...

But John, I love pessimistic speculation about things I know nothing about and cannot see?
    -Sorry, I can't help you with that one

Best Regards,
    John Greenstone
    Run8 Programmer

Thanks, John.
    (For what, I'm unsure, but thanks all the same! )
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

1 I all I got from this, is that there are some individuals who think they know how a piece software runs or possibly day dream about being a programmer and talking crap some where else that I'm not aware off.

2 A developer who admits he's guilty of not updating us on whats happening because apparently he doing what were all doing - breathing, eating, working, paying bills etc.

3 Developer tells us Run8 is quite alive and well with several projects going and then stops short of typing a couple more sentences dropping hints what the several projects were.

-Sorry, John I can't help myself, but thanks for what I think was meant to be an update .

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Thanks, John.
    (For what, I'm unsure, but thanks all the same! )
    Your getting off track again

John, I remember. "It'll Be Here, When It's Here". Thank You Kindly!.

Do you know what happens when people don't have info, they speculate. But thank-you for taking the time out of your busy life not to give just an update, but to try and belittle people who have their facts WRONG.

From what I understand other forums tend to have a bit more free time to post, but that is your life. Nobody has ever said you guys didn't deserve a break, in fact I said you did a long time ago back when V2 came out, and was absolutely amazing. In fact recently (I know your busy so let one of your informants who hear rumors in other places) check out the TSW forum where I said 2 main things 1) I'd love to see this route in Run8 nice and small region etc. 2) DTG was nothing more than a cash grab with eye candy garbage. Always have maintained Run8 is the best train simulator on the planet (even when others may not agree and it's all opinion), and that I got my money worth a long time ago.

I'm sure the other forum doesn't tolerate anything critical of Run8. That includes constructive criticism which is why i'm no longer a member.

BTW last time you were here you posted something saying you've never said an editor would be available. For 1 year Run8 advertised a software development kit on their website. Perhaps this is just more rabid speculation.

Mythbusting is awesome, as it sets the record straight. Words are also very powerful, as is information. Not everyone belongs to every forum. But a wise person once said "action speaks louder than words". I can admit I'm guilty of speculation, having ideas I never accomplish. But not being in business and having a full time job is understandable. Nobody that I know of has ever accused Run8 of not providing value in their software. But there are fans who have a passion for Run8 and want to see it get better.

There are haters on one extreme, and there are yes men on the other. I'll let those who really know me judge who I am. The others can speculate. Imagine that?

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Nobody that I know of has ever accused Run8 of not providing value in their software.
    Thanks Sean
    I second that, No other comes close to Run8's Value per dollar. I certainly hear that in your streams. Just about every one of them always letting us know "Got your monies worth from day one", with or without further upgrades / releases.

Hopefully, I've stayed on track here, as, didn't do so good within other thread. Sadly, I missed the "White Elephant Sale" at WallyWorld too.

Appreciate the backup. If those who have heard speculation want more of my side of the story then I just spoke an hour about Run8. My links are always below in my signature. Now I need some sleep.

Thanks

Sean

Back to the grindstone John... Some of us are expecting the full NYC Subway system complete with dispatcher board as the surprise jewel of R8 3.0.
    Vern.

I was confused when I first read John's post today and what it was about, thus my reply. But as the the day has gone on its become clear.
    It's a sad day when the developer feels the need to single out this forum for special attention for all the wrong reasons .