Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run8 Snarky Rumor Control

I don't do cryptic, if you have something to say.

Be up front and say it straight out.

In my day the customer was always right. So in regards any developers or development of a train game.

We the paying customers are right even when we are wrong.

Like i say i don't do cryptic, ask N3V and DTG.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Actually, I'm feeling quite happy to hear from John. Not the first time having to put in our place...lol...., I can imagine what their / his e-mailbox is like. I'm happy to hear, least know John's topside, always a good thing. Since I'm not active with some of the "other" more popular forums, often wonder state of affairs. Got to remember, what else is there in the way of RR simulators, 0. "It'll Be Here, When Its Here". Really John, Thank You! for the word, Continue your best. All we can ask, Be Well above all. Sorry Sean, I know sounds like I've joined the "A-Kissers"...lol.. Guess in someway, have in this thread anyways. I know you too wish the best, not just Run8, each of "The Team" as well.

For Mike, John's being as open as allowed here at TrainSim.
    Anymore strait forward with us, the tread would be locked down in a heart beat.

I knew you were young before i checked your profile Scott.

No disrespect meant to John, i just say what i think.

But there is no reason why he cannot be straight on ts.com

I have been here in various guises since 2001.

The forum has a very good track record of allowing straight talking. As long as general politeness and respect are conformed to.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Perhaps fairness for some. 87 young, Thank You Mike, that has indeed made my day.
    I'm not sticking up for John so to speak. He's grown, he'll take care of himself without the like of me.
    I be just rambling from my experience with the man.
    The way John presented his case is how I've always read his updates from day one, anywhere he cared to vent.
    Tiptoe to some degree while presenting his case. A kinder way of getting the point across, all the while,
    just a hint of the possibilities to come. Like John's stated so many times in the past.
    "It'll be here, when its here". I'm just hoping I can holdout, for Run8 is pretty much the family for me.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-11-2020 at 11:51 AM.

I can take it or leave it Scott. The same as any game really.

If it doesn't suit i move on to something else buddy.

Never understood the fanboy mentality, personally.

87 you say, well i got that completely wrong. You are even older than me.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I too take or leave it, though got to admit, even when Run8 seems hopeless for me. I seem to pickup some sort of spark & back to R8 I go.
    These days, seems I skip around. Was TSW very short with last release, such a flop. I still dabble with Rolling Line alongside Run8 as I enjoy the creative / artsy side of RL. Sorry looks like I'd gone off trk. Anyways, I'm somewhat of a R8 fanboy I guess could say, for, even without lots of new things to play with, & somewhat in the dark with news for long periods, do believe they care much about their products, to somewhat of a lesser degree it's users. They've probably hardened their hearts to some degree, probably, to keep from being driven nuts with emails. I'm very thankful for the support shown. I too have my desires & real experience, sadly don't wish to hear nor implement them. If I can't create a product like they've done thus far, guess I really can't run my trap, you know "put my money, where my mouth is". "Put up, or, shut up". No one seems to be producing a better product at this time. Sure one day another will come along, evolution, "nature of the beast", guess could call it. lol sorry, another novel. lol... oh I forget don't believe anyone ever be my age thus far, even those past me. You made my day Mike, Tomorrow, may be Dones, Centrum Silver, O'l Pepto, the works... lets party!....
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Ditto I can take it or leave it. My health issues though minor in comparison to others is not worth losing sleep over. There are bigger issues in the world right now besides a simulator.

Back to work.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Back to the grindstone John... Some of us are expecting the full NYC Subway system complete with dispatcher board as the surprise jewel of R8 3.0.
    That makes my own hopes of Metrolink trains and Gold line LRTs at LAUPT seem entirely reasonable.

Never heard of that Rolling Line game. So i looked it up, to find it is a model railway game.

Not for me i'm afraid.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Never heard of that Rolling Line game. So i looked it up, to find it is a model railway game.

Not for me i'm afraid.

Mike.
    Surely RL not everyone's cup of tea, have to be in it for the simplicity, artsy side. I've always been into art alongside my real job of yesteryear. RL makes a nice test bed for ideas. Anyways off topic here, Have a peek elsewhere here at TS Mike. I posted several screenshots of my skins within RL, for a change of pace. A spinoff or continuation of SMRY. I'm now working on producing my own models rather than just reskins of the default. May also be of interest my avatar here at TS was created during my days with RailWorks.. Anyways hopefully enjoy the snapshots very least.