Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OR MG Graphics Glitch

Default OR MG Graphics Glitch

After using Alt-F9 to try and determine where the opposing train holding me on the crossing loop had got to, I returned to my train and the terrain/track progressively vanished until this was the appearance. Had to use Task manager to kill the programme as when I hit Esc., the dialogue in the box was blanked out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

I have the same problem you have but I have to play with my keyboard keys from #1 to #4 in back and forth manner to get the camera work properly. Then all good to run so I think that I have to avoid to another camera and stay with #1 camera. Mine are with two payware routes from Trainsimulations.

John

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    After using Alt-F9 to try and determine where the opposing train holding me on the crossing loop had got to, I returned to my train and the terrain/track progressively vanished until this was the appearance. Had to use Task manager to kill the programme as when I hit Esc., the dialogue in the box was blanked out.
    When using the Train List window -- if the jump to another train is too distant it may take some time for the new scene to be processed -- depends upon your machine specs...just give it some time....it is not instantaneous.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Sounds like your system may be struggling with the route.
    What are your computer specs?

Randy

Sorry that I misunderstood about OR MG Graphic Glitch. Vern and mine are different also I should have read more carefully before post my message. Because Vern had a problem with Alt+F9 and mine is working so mine is different from Vern.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Sounds like your system may be struggling with the route.
    What are your computer specs?

Randy
    I7 4770 at 3.5Ghz (stock). 8Gb RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050 with 2Gb RAM.
    Vern.

NorthernWarrior

Take a look at the solution offered in post #3 of this thread. Maybe it will help you.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...looks-like-fog

Bert

I'll give that a shot though it's maybe pertinent to note I have spent previously about 4 hours driving the route with 60 FPS and no graphical artefacts. It was only after the circumstances described that the problem arose. Guess it's one of those things, I'll keep it to myself in future.
    Vern.

Vern

I've had the same thing after 3 - 4 hours of driving. My fps started to drop from 60 down to 25 and it was quite slow rendering scenery. Using the f5 hud I could see that I was using less than 4 gb of ram. Then I fired up Taskmanager and found I was using 23.3 of my 24 gb of ram, with OR using over 18 gb.

The next time I went on a long drive I watched the memory usage on the f5 hub and Taskmanager simultaneously. What I saw was memory usage in f5 approaching 4.1 gb then reverting back to zero. Taskmanager showed no corresponding drop in memory usage.

To get around this I have been saving the game after about an hour, exiting OR completely then resuming the game.

It appears to me that monogame allows you to use more than 4 gb of memory but maybe is not efficient at releasing memory.

Bert

Default Data Logger?

Be sure you are not using the Options > Data Logger Tab
    This will fill memory and eventually have exactly the effect you have seen as per the Warning on the Tab.

For useful logs to be produced only the Logging box on the OR main screen need be checked and will place the log on your desktop.

Regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"