Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORTS Standard Engine Files - Version 2

Thanks to all, I enjoy doing them...I've already found some things in them that need correcting and also have added 3 new engines. Update and add-on packages will come sometime in the following months.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

There have been some questions about the brake parameters in the files being faster than prototypical or those used in MSTS...Yes they are.
    Excerpt from the ORTS Parameters Block.odt doc included with the files:
    Referring to this: ( positioned in the engine section of the ENG file )

ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown ( 0 )
    ORTSWheelSlipCausesThrottleDown ( 0 )
    ORTSMainResChargingRate ( 0.4psi/s )
    ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate ( 200psi/s )
    ORTSEngineBrakeReleaseRate ( 38psi/s )
    ORTSEngineBrakeApplicationRate ( 34psi/s )
    ORTSBrakePipeTimeFactor ( 0.003 )
    ORTSBrakeEmergencyTimeFactor ( 0.1 )
    ORTSBrakeServiceTimeFactor ( 1.009 )
    ORTSAirBrakeMainresvolume ( 28.35ft^3 )
    TrainPipeLeakRate ( 0.0833psi/s )
    TrainBrakesControllerMaxReleaseRate ( 10psi/s )

These parameters operate faster than prototypical locomotive brakes.

**Note especially the "ORTSBrakePipeChargingRate" value of 200psi/s -- this is considerably faster than prototypical rates. 20psi/s to 60psi/s would probably be closer to actual rates.
    Please change to satisfy your own preferences.
    Feedback, is much appreciated.
    I have not devoted the time I should to learning about brakes and the proper values for OR...these do work in OR, but are faster than normal.
    There are definite differences in braking parameters between 1st Gen locomotives, locomotives in the 60's-80's and the most modern diesel locomotives. There are members of the forum that know much more about these parameters than I do. Perhaps, they will post some of there observations and advice.

The best I can do right now to address the issue is to refer to this pdf doc which was posted at Elvas, from Joe Realmuto:
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ended-braking/

If you cannot access the document at Elvas, please PM me with your email address and I will provide a copy. Adjusting the eng brake parameters is something for Ver3 or the update packages.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Being one of those guys, I can only say thank you once again for your efforts!
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif