Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollins Pass Doesn't Appear in MSTS Route, Nor Does it Appear in The Activity Editor?

Default Rollins Pass Doesn't Appear in MSTS Route, Nor Does it Appear in The Activity Editor?

Been awhile since I've run MSTS. I thought I would get back into running MSTS again.

Running Windows 7 64 bit. But MSTS has been "installed" on another hard drive partition h: Now I don't know whether MSTS was actually "installed" in drive/partition h: or whether files were copied over from another location? Whatever was done was done many years ago and I don't recall what was actually done.

There are/were no default shortcut icons on the desktop to start MSTS. To start MSTS I click on train.exe file in the h: partition. To start MSTS tools I had to create a shortcut with "train.exe -toolset.

Under h: partition, there are the six default routes, plus under the Routes folder there are the routes NEC V4, PRB, and Rollins Pass.

I've successfully run some "explore" routes for the default route Innsbruck ~ St Anton, and also for the extra add-on route NEC V4 (North East Corridor Version 4). But the Rollins Pass and PRB (Powder River Basin) routes do NOT appear in the main list of routes!?

I tried creating an activity for the Rollins Pass route using the Activity Editor, but neither Rollins pass nor PRB routes appear in the list!? So I couldn't create any activity!

I tried to install Route Riter (RR) in an attempt to run it to check Rollins Pass route (as well as the PRB route). I think I managed to install RR correctly as well as the accompanying tools. But on running RR, get an error message "380". I believe this may be due to lack of java runtime installation. I installed the 64 bit version of java, but again got RR error 380. This time I installed the 32 bit version of java, but once again I got RR error 380. I uninstalled the 64 bit version of java, but RR continues to give the 380 error.

So, what do I have to do now to get Rollins Pass (and PRB) routes recognized by MSTS?

And how to get Route Riter to work?

Hopefully I won't have to uninstall and then re-install everything, but?

You should open the Open Rails software

Do the routes that don't show up have any paths? That wouldn't explain not appearing to the AE, of course. If not, you could try and hook OR up to the MSTS install to see how it handles things

Thanks for the comments.

I believe there were multiple issues involved here.

I suspect that when MSTS was installed in h: drive, the registry data was installed to the OS drive which was probably c: drive. But c: drive has been reformatted several times since and MSTS was not "re-installed" after (re) installing the OS to c:.

So all registry settings would have been lost. So perhaps this is why I didn't see other routes appearing in MSTS(?).

Also, Route-Riter requires additional steps to be taken after installation in order for it to work. These steps were not immediately obvious until I came across a pdf today which outlined the correct procedure to ensure RR worked (properly).

So what I have (reluctantly) done is wipe MSTS from h: drive, and done a complete re-installation of MSTS to h: drive and with registry data being stored on the OS drive (c: drive under Windows 7 64 bit).

I have found that add-on routes are now appearing in MSTS! Also Route-Riter is now working properly also!

So for the moment MSTS and extras seem to be working again!

You must have used TrainStore at some time, or similar program. The reason a route does not show in AE or RE is the trk file for the route is missing! TrainStore also removes ACTIVITIES, PATHS or SERVICES
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Thanks for the comments.

I thought I had recently replied, but I think my reply is still awaiting moderator approval?

In case my previous reply doesn't appear, I have since wiped h: drive and re-installed MSTS. This time the add-on routes now all appear.

However! The NEC V4 route after installation and running the installme.bat file, was checked using Route Riter and RR reported something about file U1load.ace was missing and there might be problems running this route!? I re-installed NEC V 4 route once again and overwrote any existing files. But Route Riter still brings up the error message about U1load.ace file missing!

I ran a quick test explore for NEC V4, and so far the simulation seemed to run OK. I searched for this missing file in MSTS but it was not found!?

So, should I be concerned about this missing file?

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    So, should I be concerned about this missing file?
    With that name I wouldn't be concerned.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    With that name I wouldn't be concerned.
    Thanks, but what has the "name" to do with it? Will this missing file cause issues or not? According to Route Riter this missing file will cause issues!?

Regarding Rollins Pass (V5). I installed it once again and ran the included installme.bat file to copy over additional files from existing (default) roues. Rollins Pass appears in MSTS menu of routes OK.

However, I ran Route-Riter on Rollins Pass V5 route and Route Riter reported that a large number of shape files and quite a number of sound files were missing from this route!! Route Riter could not "fix" these missing files as it couldn't find these files anywhere else (from default routes).

I installed Rollins Pass V4 also in case some of the missing files might be found there. I re-ran Route Riter on Rollins Pass V5 but once again it still couldn't find the missing files. Also running Route Riter on Rollins Pass V4 found that it was also missing a large number of shape and sound files!!??

The scan report from Route Riter on Rollins Pass V5 is attached. I had to edit this report a bit to limit the number of characters for posting as an attachment. I couldn't copy and paste directly as the text limit was also exceeded for posting.

As far as I'm aware there are no updates/fixes for Rollins Pass V5 in the File Library (apart from correcting minor signalling issues?).

So where do I get these missing files from, please?

Thanks for your time!

Re: U1load.ace
    There was never a file named U1load.ace distributed with the NECv4 route.
    And since that file must have been edited in here's a heads up;

The route was built using the default Global\TSection.dat file NOT the Standardized (X-Tracks) version.
    If any track or road editing editing is planned the routes (local) TSection.dat file MUST be re-indexed via the Horace utility.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 03-17-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks.

So why is Route Riter reporting that this file "U1load.ace" is missing? I suspect Route Riter is not working properly as it has reported lots of missing files from just about all add-on routes that I have so far (NEC V4, PRB, Rollins Pass V5). The issue is that the supposedly missing files ARE actually in the routes folders!? At least some of the reported missing files are already in the routes folders anyway.

Tried using Route Riter V 7.5.6 initially and tried re-installing it, and also tried Route Riter V 7.6.18, but both report the same missing files!?

My MSTS and routes installation is - H:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes and I point to that directory when browsing for routes to check in Route Riter.

Route Riter is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Route Riter for V 7.5.6. And for V 7.6.18 it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Digital Rails\Route Riter.

Both installations of Route Riter seem to be OK. But both seem to be mis-reporting missing files! Why?

Thank you.