Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFP2 Complete File List

RFP2 is the Fredericksburg-Washington route I uploaded in 2005. (RFP1 crashed and burned.) RFP3 is the version with relaid track and better scenery that I am extending to Richmond. Building south with track and scenery, I am almost to Ruther Glen. I hope to finish it this year.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Steve,

Do you want the RFP signal system I did for someone a while back? I haven't released it publicly yet, but it's on my list to do

I'm keeping the route circa 2003. Are your signals from that period (or the best match)? If so, yes, please. (As I recall, CSX put in new signals, sometimes in new places, since I created the route.) No hurry, though. I am months away from putting in interactive objects.

Thank you.

Is somebody building another RF&P route? I wouldn't abandon mine at this point anyway. I've put too much work into it.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

I think it was for someone updating the old route. He wanted searchlights, but I think the real RFP used US&S colorlights. Is your route for OR only or MSTS, too?

Roger, Steve. I sure am looking forward to your work.

All my Train Simulator stuff is on my 12-year-old computer, which has trouble handling Open Rails. Not enough memory, I suppose. So I still use MSTS for everything. (I do regular backups.) I got a cheap laptop a couple of years ago, and that's what I use for the Internet. Even with the Steam4me tutorial I could not install MSTS or Open Rails on the laptop, and the computer, being cheap, might not be an improvement anyway.

Back to the RF&P: Bob Kaplan and Deanne Melander's book Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Railroad: Linking North and South shows signal heads shaped like racetrack ovals, with three lights one above the other, black on the side facing trains, mostly silver but sometimes black on the back. Only one photo seems to show illuminated signals, and that picture shows the bottom of the three lights glowing red.

What would be the closest match to this available for MSTS?
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA

Alright. I'll probably upload a reworked OR-only version, but I'll give you a lightly-tweaked initial version, which should work in MSTS. The large oval-shaped backgrounds sound like the US&S colorlights I saw in pictures. They look like this, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, they look like the signal in the picture. Thank you.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA