Thread: Over 50% Of Saved Games Not Resuming

Default Over 50% Of Saved Games Not Resuming

Running the latest stable version of OR, I keep getting the following (running Plymouth to Penzance and Mid East Plus):

Could someone involved with OR or knowledgeable about such matters possibly take a look. I tried reporting via the bug tracker but don't really want to have to give out email details to set up a Ubuntu account. The ORlog txt file is within the zip file.

Very frustrating as it means long activities which require to resume later are not worth playing while this persists.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vern.

Hi Vern,

A lot of bugs have been fixed since the stable version you have.
    Can you try the latest unstable version?
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Vern,
    Michael James had this problem when he helped me out, testing the activities. It came down to he was using one of the later versions of OR and not 1.3.1.4328. He started using that version (the original 'working' Or version) and never reported a problem again.

The other thing may be the sounds you've got missing from your global. He had a very similar log of missing sms's. I Think the UKTS number is 3218.

Cheers
    Clive

Edit: Just looked at your log again and you are using 1.3.1.4328 so maybe just the sounds missing.

I'll grab that file Clive, though the strange thing is the activity (Newquay to Plymouth) had resumed previously okay - it was the second save that refused to load. However as mentioned I also had this on MEP which is supposedly everything included on the DVD - perhaps not!

Edit: Nope, still crashing on attempting to load. I will change to the Unstable version see how I get on, though obviously need to start over with the activities.
    Vern.

Try MonoGame version of OR Vern, i have been using it for ages without any problems.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

The only thing I noticed in the log is the last line YoungestFailedToRestore is a user-set value of 3766, which I believe is the build number for Version 1.2 The default from my log is blank (not user set) and a value of 0.

There is nothing in the manual that I saw mentioning what YoungestFailedToRestore actually means, but it appears you have applied some type of restrictive value somehow when configuring your options.

Needle in a haystack on that one, Geepster. However good news so far having done around 5 or 6 save and resume including a couple of PC re-boots I have not had the problem re-occur running the "unstable" version. More testing to follow and I will bear the Monogame version in mind as a backup, too.
    Vern.

Just a quick update, I've saved and resumed a good few times using the "Testing" version and the problem has not as yet repeated itself. So it looks (tongue in cheek) as if the "stable" version actually isn't any more and could do with an update...
    Vern.

Nice one Vern, go Monogame in a separate install.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt