Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northeast Corridor, Surfliner, and other real-world timetables

The GitHub download is self-contained. It doesn't require you to install any dependencies, like Python, beforehand.

Have you ever used the Command Prompt before? You need to "cd" (change directory) into the extracted autotable directory, and then you can run the "autotable.exe" executable.

Update** I have eveything intalled correctly and resdy to roll, just unclear about yaml. files. Do I need to create one? If so how? Thanks

That depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

If you just want to run the timetables I've created, you don't need autotable. You can download prebuilt timetables from this repository.

If you're trying to build your own timetable for a whole new route, then yes, you would create a yaml file to input data into autotable. It's not exactly a step-by-step process - to familiarize yourself with the format, review the provided sample files and the list of keywords in the readme file.

I would like to crate a timetable for UK route Great_Eastern. I downloaded and installed notepadd++ to create the yaml file and as a basic test copied and pasted your example in the readmed over to notepad++ and gave it the route name Great_Eastern and the date of the gtfs file 2013 17 08 and pointed the file to the gtfs files location

route: Great_Eastern <----------
    date: 2013 17 08 <----------
    gtfs:
    - file: gtfs file location <----------
    groups:
    - selection:
    trip_short_name: '^your regex here$'
    path: some path
    consist: some consist
    start_time: -MM:SS
    speed_mph: ''
    delay: ''
    note: ''
    dispose: ''
    station_map:
    stop id: Station Name
    station_commands:
    station name: ''

I then ran autotable with both Train Simulator and the Yaml file locations set and autotable created the _or file which was visible in OpenRails menu. So I can get a file to be created with no issues. The command says "0 trips" as I have not edited that line yet. trip_short_name: '^your regex here$' <--- What goes here please? What is regex? Thanks

Well I really don't know what's changed but now I get nothing but errors, at this point I'm about ready to put this aside and wait for improvements, I appreciate your work so far Ryan, this has potential

The "regex" is a regular expression matched against one of the GTFS fields. A regular expression is a programmatic way of matching patterns in strings.

Yes, I do assume a certain amount of fluency with the command line and programming with this tool. I apologize, but I do not foresee it becoming an easy, point-and-click thing.