Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between OR and OR_NewYear_MG?

Default Difference between OR and OR_NewYear_MG?

Hi all,

First let me preface my question by saying that OR is the best thing to come along in train simulation in a long time. I haven't used MSTS for almost two years now. That said, let me ask my question.

I cannot see any difference between OR (unstable version ) and OR_NewYear_MG running in the 64 bit mode. Everything appears to be exactly the same including the frame rate.

What am I missing?

Fred

OR_MG manages memory well an less stress on the GPU is all I can say an haven't blown another graphics card.

OR_NewYear_MG runs at true 64 bits, and therefore can extend beyond 4GB of RAM if needed. OR (unstable version) can't.

I just had a little play with MG and it might just be perception, but the sound seems clearer - don't get that occasional "drainpipe" effect that onboard sound chips sometimes give when they struggle a bit.
    Vern.

Monogame is mostly an internal technical change because Microsoft killed a library OR was using. Because MG is alive it opens the door to OR migrating to a newer version of DirectX. If that occurs there should be some significant visual improvements, maybe some performance improvements too.

As that is all occurring there are the occasional new features slipped in when no one is looking.

AFAIK the MG version IS now the unstable version.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Has the monogame version been released?

Quote Originally Posted by sankara View Post
    Has the monogame version been released?
    http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php

Are there any disadvantages of the monogame version as compared to the stable version present in the website?

Unless I have missed something, I am still waiting for one of these to include the recently developed RailDriver integration.

Quote Originally Posted by sankara View Post
    Are there any disadvantages of the monogame version as compared to the stable version present in the website?
    Hi Folks,

From my experience - the latest "unstable" versions include a myriad of improvements and new features not available in the "stable" version - I get better framerates with Monogame - the 64 bit allows you to use all your computer memory - and - it is compatible with ReShade which can improve your graphics...

Regards,
    Scott