Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between OR and OR_NewYear_MG?

To make things clear (or maybe more confused...) there are following OR releases:
    - the (official) Stable one, which is now about one year old (max 4 GB memory addressable)
    - the (official) Testing one, which includes all approved changes (max 4 GB memory addressable)
    - the (official) Unstable one, which includes various features that haven't yet been approved, and among them Monogame (max 4 GB memlry addressable)
    - the (unofficial) OR NewYear MG, whic includes all features present in the Unstable one (and therefore also Monogame), and which runs at true 64 bit, plus other features not present in the Unstable one; addresses as much GB memory as available
    - the (unofficial) Ultimate one, which as far as I know includes all features present in OR NewYear MG, plus various code enhancements that I don't know; addresses as much GB memory as available.

The features present in OR NewYear MG that aren't present in the Unstable release are reported in the ET forum, and at the moment are:
    - addition of track sounds in the sound debug window (by dennisat)
    - F5 HUD scrolling (by mbm_or)
    - checkbox in General Options tab to enable or disable watchdog
    - increase of remote horn sound volume level
    - when car is selected through the F9 window, the car's brake line in the extended brake HUD is highlighted in yellow (by mbm_or)
    - improved distance management in roadcar camera
    - signal script parser (by perpetualKid): reduces CPU time needed for signal management
    - true 64-bit management, allowing to use more than 4 GB of memory, if available, in Win64 systems (mainly by perpetualKid)
    - general options checkbox for optional run at 32 bit on Win64 (to avoid slight train shaking bug)
    - Train Driving Info window, recalled with Ctrl-F5, by mbm_OR
    - extended Raildriver setup, as present in OR Ultimate (by perpetualKid)
    - bug fix for sound problems when viewer not created in initial conditions
    - analog clocks showing game time, by jonas
    - operation as webserver, enabling HUD and Train Driving info on web clients like PCs, tablets or smartphones
    - support for AWS train control system
    - panto commands and animations now swapped when in rear cab
    - support for Italian train control systems SCMT and TCS
    - improvements in Activity Evaluation of station stops, by mbm_OR.

Thanks. It appears therefore that in need "Ultimate" which will give me RailDriver support plus the other enhance features. Where do I find this?

I downloaded the MG version, as when I tried running it, I get a popup after I prepared to run an Activity, and it states "Open Rails Activity Runner stopped running" what does it mean or did I leave anything off? I retested with the stable OR 4328, it works like a breeze... I am running an IBM Intellistation Z PRO Win 7 64 bit Dual 3.4 GB Xeon (2 cores each processor, 4 cores total) and 32GB of RAM.. Thanks for your help...
    Dave Edwards

Hi Dave,
    what MG version did you download? Unstable, OR NewYear MG or Ultimate?

I forgot to write that the web server feature is by mbm_OR, cjakeman and BillC
    Last edited by csantucci; 04-08-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Here is what I have and screenies....Once I hit Start....

pic1.JPG

Then this popup appears...

pic2.JPG

Been scratching my head for a bit so I have decided to request help..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Hi Dave,
    what MG version did you download? Unstable, OR NewYear MG or Ultimate?

I forgot to write that the web server feature is by mbm_OR, cjakeman and BillC
    Dave Edwards

Dave,
    in the meantime I suggest you to download the latest revision, that is Rev. 57, whose link can be found here http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php .
    Your problem should persist also with such revision of course; it might be that you need some MS update.
    First of all: do you have Win7 Service Pack 1 installed?
    Moreover you need .Net 4.7.2 and DirectX 9.
    You can look here for clarifications about .Net 4.7.2
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...d-dependencies
    Once that .Net 4.7.2 has been downloaded and installed, there should be a message at OR startup in case you need also to download DirectX 9.

Dave,
    in the meantime I suggest you to download the latest revision, that is Rev. 57, whose link can be found here http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php .
    << Done, changed it...>>

Your problem should persist also with such revision of course; it might be that you need some MS update.
    First of all: do you have Win7 Service Pack 1 installed?

<<Yes, im on SP2 currently>>

Moreover you need .Net 4.7.2 and DirectX 9.

<<I am on DirectX 9.0c>>

You can look here for clarifications about .Net 4.7.2
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...d-dependencies

<NET 4.7.2 was already added on SP2 back then..>>

Once that .Net 4.7.2 has been downloaded and installed, there should be a message at OR startup in case you need also to download DirectX 9.

Still gets me an Activity Runner error... Went back to the regular version of OR, its still fine... Kinda odd..... Look at my responses on << >> above please..
    Dave Edwards

Hi Dave,
    this becomes difficult. I am running OR NewYear MG on my 9-year old laptop with Win7 32 bit with no problems.
    Do you get OpenRailsLog.txt on your desktop, or do you get the crash just after pressing the Start button? In the first case, could you attach that logfile?

Hi Dave,
    this becomes difficult. I am running OR NewYear MG on my 9-year old laptop with Win7 32 bit with no problems.
    Do you get OpenRailsLog.txt on your desktop, or do you get the crash just after pressing the Start button? In the first case, could you attach that logfile?
    Hey,

It just crashed when I hit Start and it does not create a logfile. It only creates a logfile only for my OR Standard (4328)

I am still baffled on this, but its okay, I still can use the Standard, it runs just fine... I will try out on a "native" verson on my other PC as a test bed (clean wipe and such) and find out from there... Gotta go back to my closet again....lol (have 4 of them...lol) If you want my logfile for the 4328, just holler ill be happy to resend..
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    Thanks. It appears therefore that in need "Ultimate" which will give me RailDriver support plus the other enhance features. Where do I find this?
    Hi David,
    I just looked at the Ultimate version. Its last update dates January 30rd, 2020. Anyhow, if you are interested, you find it here https://github.com/perpetualKid/ORTS.../144-d77821976 .