Thread: Trying to setup a path in Conbuilder Options Menu

Question Trying to setup a path in Conbuilder Options Menu

I have 10 mini routes and so far only 9 are working with Conbuilder to check the activities and rolling stock after setting up a path in Options Menu. Mine are below: I am running the routes in Open Rails Simulator.

J:\ATSF
    J:\BNSF
    J:\CN
    J:\CP
    J:\CSX
    J:\DRGW
    J:\GTA
    J:\NS
    J:\UP
    J:\Trainsimulations

All routes except one with J:\UP I have been trying to set the path in Conbuilder. Look below:

TrainSim - Conbuilder

Run-time error '76'

Path not found

I don't understand why are the other routes are working but not this one with UP.

Your help would be appreciated.

John

ALL IS GOOD and DUH ME with no trains or consists in Trains folder. No wonder why Conbuilder can't find the path for this?

John

I've always used MSTSmanager that comes with ConBuilder to change paths, once you set it up, it is very easy to use.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I have those but not sure if that will work with Open Rails. I always thought that it will change the paths to MSTS only. I did not know before till you said about this. Next time I will use MSTSmanager to change the paths.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    ALL IS GOOD and DUH ME with no trains or consists in Trains folder. No wonder why Conbuilder can't find the path for this?

John
    Pre ORTS the ConBuilder test for an "Install" was the presence of Train.exe file. Once ORTS was released the code was changed to the proper "minimum" folder structure.

As for having 9 installs why are you not using ConBuilder's MSTS Manager to select which install to use, instead of changing the path in the options menu?
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I have those but not sure if that will work with Open Rails. I always thought that it will change the paths to MSTS only. I did not know before till you said about this. Next time I will use MSTSmanager to change the paths.

Thank you,

John
    ORTS does not use the MSTS Path in the registry where as MSTS does. MSTS Manager edits the registry to match your selection.
    Charles