Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cima file problem Meridian Speedway

When I go to make the changes it will ask me do I want to save changes when said yes it will pop up you don't have permission to open this file. See owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.

Might have to change the attribute of the file. This is a very common problem. But changing attributes should do the trick. Usually i get this, when i fresh install the files (rotes,locos,...) and want to temper with them. I have to first make them "non-read-only".

Have a good day.

Finally got what was being saying with the Cima route took a break and come back to it. In the Cima Open rail Folder in the MSTS folder is where I make the change and make copy and replace the file in the Openrails folder in open rails.
    Space
    Space before the include ( ../Cima.trk )
    Space
    ORTSUserPerferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )

Quote Originally Posted by gates5of1 View Post
    Finally got what was being saying with the Cima route took a break and come back to it. In the Cima Open rail Folder in the MSTS folder is where I make the change and make copy and replace the file in the Openrails folder in open rails.
    Space
    Space before the include ( ../Cima.trk )
    Space
    ORTSUserPerferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )
    BINGO!...persistence pays off...you got it, the space in line "1" of include files is important. Nice job. The OR "forest clear" parameter can be adjusted>>> more information in the manual here Sec. 15.13 Removing forest trees from tracks and roads

Cima has some desert shrubbery that encroaches on the tracks.

The OpenRails folder scheme can be used in the Trainset folders to introduce OR physics to specific locomotives or wagons without the need to alter the MSTS files, also can be used in the Activities folder in the use of OR Timetables, and in other parts of the folder structure to add OR parameters and attributes without altering the MSTS files. All in the manual.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.