Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Simulations MRL Mullan Pass Available!

I know that there was a prior post about missing track, etc., but I was wondering if, after entering all of the Recommended Settings from the Mullen Manual, and the updates posted earlier in this thread, I should still be seeing roads and highways looking like this. Overall, I'm really happy with the route, but just wanted to check on this.Open Rails 2020-04-10 04-53-20.jpgOpen Rails 2020-04-10 04-55-26.jpg

Which folder do you have the route installed in?

Looks like the global folder provided by the route installer is not being used or has been contaminated/overwritten by another route or scaleroads package.

Though I am not a fan of routes being set up this way for several reasons, the newer TrainSimulations Routes like Mullan should NOT be installed in the main MSTS Routes folder! It will cause all kinds of problems, including problems in other routes using the Global folder.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Looks like the global folder provided by the route installer is not being used or has been contaminated/overwritten by another route or scaleroads package.
    Appreciate your response, but as I'm not too knowledgeable about this, could you please explain any ideas on how to correct?

IS Mullan installed in the same place as your other routes?
    Cheers
    Derek

I installed it separately from Train Simulator all together just in the same location, this is so it doesn't overwrite common files that other routes reference. I have all my MSTS related stuff in its own folder so it will likely be a different location for you, but for example:

C / MSTS / Train Simulator <----- is where I have all my other routes and the full install
    C / MSTS / <----- is where I pointed my install of Mullan (and my Open Rails Seligman sub)

It creates "TrainSimulations." When you open Open Rails just add that installation profile then you can go back and forth.

I keep my TRAINS and SOUND folder common between both installations so I just move it between both profiles depending on what routes I want to use so I can use all the different stock and consists.

F / MSTS / Routes (where I have Mullan and all other Routes, including Seligman OR).

On another note, excellent route Sean! I really like the smooth track work (and corresponding speed limits) and grades, I do think that is something that is lacking with some other routes out there. Scenery is great, I enjoy seeing the variety in the different coal / coke traffic, there isn't just 3 generic coal hoppers to make the dozen+ coal consists. I'd support doing a "booster" activity / stock pack in the future as mentioned earlier in the post, I wouldn't complain if some refreshed SD70macs were made as well.

Probably one of the best, well rounded route purchases I've made, excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    F / MSTS / Routes (where I have Mullan and all other Routes, including Seligman OR).

There is your problem, Seligman OR and Mullan need to in a separate place, they need to be installed as "Mini routes" as they use different files in the global folder.
    Bernina Pass is another "Mini route".

Have a look at post 107, above your last to see how vince1234 has installed his routes.
    Cheers
    Derek