Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Simulations MRL Mullan Pass Available!

Quote Originally Posted by Eta power View Post
    However, I have two complaints:
    1) When resuming a save game, the next signal does not appear on the track monitor. Signal indications do not being to progress normally until that next signal is passed, then everything goes back to normal. Not sure if this is a setup issue on my end or a quirk of Open Rails.
    Yep quite a lot has changed, have you tried the Monogame version? You can use ReShade with it, another improvement in graphics.
    To answer your question, yes that is something that can happen, not sure if it's a bug or that it has been reported and documented. The fix is easy, simply switch from Auto to Manual mode and back to Auto --- Ctrl+M --- this should reset the signals. The manual is a must read.

from the manual:
    10.3 Control Mode
    Control Mode defines what interactions there are between the player and the control system, and the
    level of control of the player on signals and switches.
    There are two basic modes: Auto Mode and Manual Mode.
    Use the <Ctrl+M> key to toggle between these modes.
    10.3.1 Auto Mode
    In AutoMode the control system sets the train’s path and signals, and the player cannot change the setting
    of the switches or request for signals at danger to clear. ... etc.
    Open Rails Monogame releases ( they are aligned with the current unstable releases )
    http://www.interazioni-educative.it/Downloads/index.php
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Have you upgraded your version of Open Rails?
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Eta power View Post
    Attachment 78826

I recently rediscovered my childhood love of MSTS. After playing MSTS for a while, I went searching to see if any of the old payware companies still existed. After some googling I came across TrainSimulations.net and the MRL Muallan Pass route. Yeah, $35 isn't exactly cheap, but it was about the same as what new routes cost circa 2010, so I didn't have qualms about the price.

My last Open Rails install was from 2011 and was version 0.7.0. WOW, they have come a long way. Even though the camera controls take a lot of getting used to, most of the time I feel like I'm playing an upgraded version of MSTS. It's definitely the spiritual successor to the original, and I'm quite happy with it.

However, I have two complaints:

1) When resuming a save game, the next signal does not appear on the track monitor. Signal indications do not being to progress normally until that next signal is passed, then everything goes back to normal. Not sure if this is a setup issue on my end or a quirk of Open Rails.

2) That there isn't more content like this available!! I love the heavy-duty-western-us-mountain-railroading genre and would gladly pay for more routes, but sadly the market for this kind of content seems far too small to see much development.

Fantastic job, guys. My hat is off to you, it's great fun!
    Thank you very much for your comments, they are much appreciated. As for your comment on western US mountain railroading: There is more where that came from. With Mullan out, my next plan is an 90's SP Shasta route. Once the dust has settled a bit more on Mullan's release, I will possibly make a post formally introducing that.

There are a handful of other heavy duty mountain routes in the western US and western Canada that I would also like to do, but I have no idea if they will ever come to fruition, as there is only so much that we (the very small team that TrainSimulations is) can do. My hope was something like Mullan would help draw in some new interest in OR, and perhaps spur new creativity in the community on both the engine/rolling stock front and on the new routes front. Perhaps it's still a bit too early to know if it will accomplish any of that.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Gents,

I need a map.
    I can't tell what road numbers are in the yards!!
    Hi Derek,

Are you using the Ctrl-F6 (I believe) command to toggle on track names in the yards?
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

I could not get that one to work, but I used F7 (train numbers) and got the information that I needed.

thanks for the suggestion.
    Cheers
    Derek

Thanks for the update, Sean. Any SP route would be a great addition imo, but particularly the Shasta Division!

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    With Mullan out, my next plan is an 90's SP Shasta route. Once the dust has settled a bit more on Mullan's release, I will possibly make a post formally introducing that.
    ThumbsUp_Big.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Hi Derek,

Are you using the Ctrl-F6 (I believe) command to toggle on track names in the yards?
    Shift + Ctrl-F6 will cycle through the siding and platform name selections. Shift + any hud key will cycle through HUDs.

Does this have a lot of railroad crossings, or is it like other Streamline/Trainsimulation routes, great but can become repetitive?

I don't mean to be harsh. I really like Trainsimulation and own a ton of their products. Its just watching out for crossings tend to keep me aware when I am going uphill at 22mph on Notch 8.