Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Train Simulations MRL Mullan Pass Available!

Paul hit it pretty well that the tractive force curves drive the physics engine. As for being "cheated", pretty much any time you are making more than 10 MPH up Mullan, you are doing great! "Into the Storm" will REALLY test your patience of crawling along at slow speed if you use the Stable version and all the settings described in the route manual.

deltapooh, your performance issues are a bit perplexing to me with those specs. I have an i3 and do not experience crashes like that. Feel free to send me an OR Log file by Private Message so I can take a look at your game settings, I'll see if there is anything we can do to up your performance.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Paul hit it pretty well that the tractive force curves drive the physics engine. As for being "cheated", pretty much any time you are making more than 10 MPH up Mullan, you are doing great! "Into the Storm" will REALLY test your patience of crawling along at slow speed if you use the Stable version and all the settings described in the route manual.

deltapooh, your performance issues are a bit perplexing to me with those specs. I have an i3 and do not experience crashes like that. Feel free to send me an OR Log file by Private Message so I can take a look at your game settings, I'll see if there is anything we can do to up your performance.
    Sean, I have actually already struggled up the grade "into the storm" thankfully, its nausea inducing wheel slip makes me slightly thankful I don't have to do it all the time in real life (slightly). But now I have a different issue where I got a meet in the scenario with a train in Avon and don't fit in the siding to let the train pass. I saw another user had this same issue but didn't read the whole post, I purchased the route after the 30th so I assumed I had all the necessary patches and updates. Can you advise?

I have the same processor as pooh and seldom break 30% in the cities and 20% in the stix. Memory is 16 gb and that seldom breaks 20%. No crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    ....... My i7 4790K has crashed twice. Both times were when I switched views. The most recent is when I switched to the rear view (3 Key) while the back end of my 230 car grain train was passing through a tunnel....
    I have an i5 @2.9Gb (16gb mem and GeForce RTX 2070) and on the 230-car Activity, in some locations when I switch from one end of the train to the other, it takes some seconds to load the new visuals. Never crashed though.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I really goofed and measured only one CPU Core, rather than the average. The Average is 35%-45%. I really apologize about that. I just never noticed the higher readings prior to playing Mullan Pass, but see it is common, and I was really being stupid. The crash might be relative to where I switched views. The rear locomotive might have been in the tunnel, and that caused an issue. I don't recall the exact circumstances with the 1st crash. Both times I experienced a full system crash. My GPU is getting old though.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I have an i5 @2.9Gb (16gb mem and GeForce RTX 2070) and on the 230-car Activity, in some locations when I switch from one end of the train to the other, it takes some seconds to load the new visuals. Never crashed though.
    I experienced the same thing with the 230 car load and I switch to the rear. I'm thinking about upgrading my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    I experienced the same thing with the 230 car load and I switch to the rear. I'm thinking about upgrading my PC.
    You can increase your performance a little by making some adjustments in the options...Make sure the following are not checked:
    Video tab >>> Dynamic Shadows and Shadow for all shapes, and then "check" model instancing, and try shortening the viewing distance.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    You can increase your performance a little by making some adjustments in the options...Make sure the following are not checked:
    Video tab >>> Dynamic Shadows and Shadow for all shapes, and then "check" model instancing, and try shortening the viewing distance.
    I will. Although I don't think its the operations that place demand on the PC. Things like switching cabs, while an AI train pass, feels taxing.

I did one thing right. I backed up my GLOBAL folder in MSTS before installing. After reading, I just copied it back and installed Mullan Pass in the OpenRails folder, like is originally directed. So I just pasted the GLOBAL folder back.

I also don't want to dis-sway prospective buyers. OpenRails has been optimized over the past nine years or so.

Will TrainSimulations provide a good replacement file for "rlightC.dds"? Or has anyone fixed this shape, nothing will open it, corrupted I suppose. Or is it just my copy? Getting OR log warnings "Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: f:\1orts_ts\1orts_ts_content\routes\mullan\texture s\rlightc.dds ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.etc..."
    Thank you.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Gerry,

I believe this was a NewRoads shape that made it into the route, which we didn't intend to leave there.

Cheers,
    Jason