Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Simulations MRL Mullan Pass Available!

Quote Originally Posted by mg123 View Post
    Looking very nice. But requirements specification are too high for my old computer.

I am running an i7-930 from 2010 and it runs fine.

The specification is 64 bit system, but the current open Rails "runactivityLAA.exe" is 32 bit, so I don't understand the requirement.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,

That is correct, RunactivityLAA.exe is 32 bit, but is able to address more memory, up to 4 GB, but only on 64-bit Windows operating systems. If you are running Open Rails 1.3.1, and you uncheck the Large Address Aware binaries option in the ORTS settings, memory can only be addressed up to 2 GB, but you'll never get there before having a memory-related crash. While it is possible to use the Large Address Aware binaries feature on a 32-bit version of windows, it requires manually editing operating system configuration files, which we can't condone. Users with 32-bit Windows versions may also be able to use one of the unstable versions of ORTS, which uses Monogame engine and significantly less memory. However, we can't confirm that this actually works. Even if it did, we also can't condone the use of an unstable version of ORTS,....because it's unstable, and that could cause all kinds of problems.

Cheers,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by UP_4848_Thunder View Post
    Nice route!! But one thing sofar during the Z Train act... why do we get clear signal indications on track monitor but they are really Red?
    How far into the activity?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

On the MRL side, SD40-2XRs, GP9s, and SD70ACes are included. I always enjoyed an expansion pack or two on the other routes so hopefully SD45s and GP35s will make an appearance in the future. There is a lot of potential for backdating the route with BN and NP as well so maybe some of that too.

Nonetheless the route is nicely done - thanks to the TrainSimulations team for their hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by cfriedri View Post
    On the MRL side, SD40-2XRs, GP9s, and SD70ACes are included. I always enjoyed an expansion pack or two on the other routes so hopefully SD45s and GP35s will make an appearance in the future. There is a lot of potential for backdating the route with BN and NP as well so maybe some of that too.

Nonetheless the route is nicely done - thanks to the TrainSimulations team for their hard work!

I am currently looking for SD45 repaints.

Just started to run an activity, leaving the Helena station. Great looking route so far. But has anyone else noted a lack of grade-crossing signs?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Just started to run an activity, leaving the Helena station. Great looking route so far. But has anyone else noted a lack of grade-crossing signs?
    Could be a quiet zone.

Default Jammed up at MM37 "Horse Power Hour Train"

QC problem here when two trains meet and the player train is too long on the siding to let the other pass. To the editor I go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only you can stop Fred Flintstone wheels

Yeah, I thought of that, but assumed there would be a sign anyway ("W" with a line through it, or something).

Quote Originally Posted by dpabrams View Post
    QC problem here when two trains meet and the player train is too long on the siding to let the other pass. To the editor I go.
    What location is that siding?