Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz 2019 North America

Best not to flood yourself with too much info Sean. Setting up industries properly for a supply chain is a subject which i never fully grasped.

Plus there are different types of industries created by different content creators, that function differently from each other.

Anyway you go at your own pace buddy and enjoy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

That's OK the info is good, I'm going to start looking at those YouTube videos right now during my lunch.

Thanks

Sean

Sean --

Well, you and your son seem to be really enjoying yourself. I've always asserted that of all the train simulations Trainz is the most "fun".

If you are one of the people who actually drive the trains rather than handing this off to the AI, it is possible to load and unload freight cars while in Driver mode. This video shows how. The exact location of the "Edit Trains" function moves around from version to version. The video was made before SP1. With SP1 it's still top left but hidden under another menu.

A couple of additional screen grabs from Rivercide. It took me a while to master the 3D PBR textures and TurfFX grasses. But it was worth it.

The B&O E27 is from "K&L Trainz". They have a number of high quality steam locomotives -- at a fraction of the price charged by DTG.

Phil

Yeah Emmett is already building some amazing stuff on his time off.

Now I ran into a bit of a road block again. I don't have as complex of a route that Emmett has, but I do have a simple 3 board route called Larry's Lumber Land. All it is it the lumber mill, an interchange yard, and a portal. I've managed to get the train to come every hour but unfortunately I can't seem to get certain cars to appear from the portal loaded. They don't save in the consists when I set them up, and I see no way of setting it without a consist either. In fact my train ran out of the portal backwards but I'll play around with that until I get that fixed.

I was reading online about editing text files or something but I'm not even sure where my consists are saved, or if they are even editable. To me it looked like just code files in the main game's directory.

Thanks in advance those pictures look awesome. I'll try out the loading and unloading thing as well.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post

A couple of additional screen grabs from Rivercide. It took me a while to master the 3D PBR textures and TurfFX grasses. But it was worth it.
    Phil, your work is never anything short of astonishing.

Portals, consists and loading.

I use the rule "Central Portal Control", mainly because a) it allows all the portals to controlled from one location and b) it allows the first consist to be emitted immediately.

Consists -- nope. I set up each AI train individually in CPC.

Loading. I've had a few failures when freight cars are loaded within the portal. I now place a track mark outside the portal (sufficiently far away so that the whole consist is clear of the portal), order the consist to drive to the track mark, wait for 10 seconds (to ensure it's stationary) and use the load command. The load command I'm using at the moment is from the Download Station, "InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user". In your situation that could be useful if you are using a consist of log cars that accept a range of different loads, like the freight car "Logs 50ft Clinch".

Editing -- Manage Content is your friend. Learn to use the filters. They are very powerful.
    Right click and select Open then either Show in Explorer or Edit Config File Text. When done Submit Edits. Or Revert To Original.

Phil

Sounds like a plan. I was thinking of setting up a dummy industry as well after a wait command. I'll check out the manage content.

Thanks

Sean

Yeah the load command didn't work for me just yet, but no big deal. I still might play with some dummy industries as well.

Now something I didn't realise was when Trainz installed to my E drive like I wanted to it puts content on the C drive. I rectified that situation by looking up how to point it elsewhere and copy everything over.

Sure enough all those errors I was getting vanished and the free content appeared to install. Though I had one issue and that was one of the multi part installs I must of had minimized and quit (or something) because I now have faulty content. At least I have more content now but my son was telling me about the BN engine and I looked for it and mine is faulty. Says installed, payware, missing dependencies. I fixed a few of them as they only required downloads. But others have dependencies that are "unknown" whatever that means.

Now I know how to get it to try and download again, as I had that happening for a long time. However it appears as if Trainz thinks that the packs have all downloaded (which is not quite the case considering the missing dependencies).

I searched Google and the forums. I did the database repair, and even the one where you hold CTRL and click which is extensive. Even took out my username to try and get it to pop up again but no go. Wish I knew what pack it was or how to uninstall that particular one but I'm a little lost on how to fix this one.

It's great to be a noob again

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Sean --

Open Manage Content. Select something (probably better if it's something you downloaded from the Download Station) and right click Open / Show in Explorer.

This will take you to the folder containing all (well, actually most) of your TRS19 content. Now somewhere there you will see a folder "Packages". This is where all your multi-part installs are placed. Identify and remove the faulty package. Exit -- and remember to "Revert to Original".

Do another extended database repair. Maybe a second also. You should now be good to re-install the package.

Another feature of Trainz that I'm sure you will discover in time are "Rules", like "Central Portal Control", "Instantload ... ". Here is one, "EIRS Weather Rule - Shane Turner Edition". I set it with Clear = 25%, Drizzle = 50%, Stormy = 25%. It helps to add variability to a session.

Phil

Good to know on the packages I didn't see that. I have been in the manage content for sure. I take it all of these need to be downloaded, but that is cool. I have no tickets so I'll have to do it the cheap and slow way.

Definitely interested in those 2 you just mentioned for sure. I just started looking into the TranzDem and Google Earth base maps as well and found some good tutorials on them.

Thanks

Sean