Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trainz 2019 North America

Can't disagree with anything you wrote Bruce.

Horses for courses buddy. I do prefer the longer proto route myself, personally.

But never try to push my views on others.

Unlike some of the idiots, on some of the forums. Not this one i hasten to add.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    I noted earlier in the day TRS19 had released a service update SP2. I bet those that like creating will be very happy to know

"SP2 also updates the file format to Trainzbuild 4.7 and therefore assets created or saved in SP2 are not compatible with earlier Trainz builds."

This be the very kind of thing that turned me away from TRS & early Railworks long ago. Got rather sickening having to rework tons of hard work, trying to fit in with others. I surely feel for those of TRS. Good Luck!.
    Hello gents,

I've been enjoying the comments on Trainz. Trainz2006 was my first version, followed by 2009. I didn't get a computer capable of running 2012 and Tane until three years ago. Finally upgraded hardware again and have added 2019 to the collection.

I really wish that N3V would hold off changing to new file formats until the next version, instead of breaking backward compatibility within the same version. It seems that about 25% of the time their upgrades cause all kinds of havoc as well. As much as N3V depends on content creators, you would think that they wouldn't break compatibility so often!

I've been using TranzDem for a couple of years, but haven't produced a finished route yet. I was really frustrated by Tane not allowing one to copy, modify or fix builtin routes. And wasn't entirely happy with modifying a route in a session. So many of my TranzDem routes were my own version of builtin routes or routes from previous versions. The original was always better than my version.

I guess I've said too much, so I'll go back to lurking. I really enjoy reading everyone's comments.

Happy Trainzing,
    Dave

They keep breaking things. Discovered this afternoon since updating to SP2 using the straighten tool at points, in certain situations now impossible to see whether the approach into the toe is kinked or not.

Not to mention it is still very difficult if not impossible to do points on curved track or any form of slip or diamond and have the signalling deal with it properly.
    Vern.

Posted as a follow on, to your problems on fanbois central Vern.

About double slips.
    Yma O Hyd

Saw that Mike, not that I expect much response from N3V or their acolytes!
    Vern.

Why no Vern, will be labelled as unnecessary moaning.

Or even subversive
    Yma O Hyd

All traces of Trainz currently being removed from the laptop and main PC later on.

Then off to make the turkey casserole for dinner!
    Vern.

Oh right, but but yeah but though but.

Vern there is never going to be an editor for TSW2.

What are you going to do, buddy

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Relented and left TANE on there!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Relented and left TANE on there!
    Vern, do you consider TANE to be preferable to what followed?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0