Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz 2019 North America

BTW since you produced that awesome video, I had another question. How do you manage to capture full screen video? Now I use Open Broadcaster, and I've seen tutorials on this where you select game and then select the game. Everything is fine when it's in windowed mode but as soon as it goes full screen it reduces to a portion of the screen only. I believe the other settings recommended was to stretch it. I think ignore aspect ratio is off. Not sure if that is what you are using.

On the subject of that weather mod, how does the randomization work? I did try the variations built in (I believe it was fast or slow) but I found it was either too quick of a change or too slow of a change, but it was always changing. There were times were the constant downpour I just wanted it to clear up I like setting those percentages. Will have to look for those.

Thanks

Sean

Sean --

Video. Ages ago I purchased a copy of FRAPS. I think that it's still one of the better screen recorders. It captures both screen grabs and video. I believe that there is a free or trial version of FRAPS available, but it probably has some limitations.

I then use Shotcut, a freeware video editing application, to produce the final version of the video. That latest video was one continuous shot so all it needed was the fade in and fade out. Shotcut allows the editing and the joining of clips with various types of transitions. It's then just a matter of adding another track for the sound track and another track for the titles. Finally Shotcut will save and compress the file. The original video file was an avi at 26.5 GB. The final that I uploaded to youtube was a mp4 at 1.27 GB.

Weather. Use Manage Content to download "EIRS Weather ... " from the Download Station. To do this perhaps set the filters to Installed = False then Name = "EIRS ... ". In the Session layer go into "Rules" (top left of screen) and add the EIRS Weather rule to the list. Then edit it -- I'm sure you can work your way through it. It does allow the frequency at which the weather changes to be set by the user but I use the default 60 seconds. Of course, depending on the probability settings you use it might change infrequently or not change at all.

Download Station. If you become at all serious about Trainz a First Class Ticket is well worth while. It gives unlimited downloads at increased speed. You will find some routes you download require many hundreds of dependencies from the Download Station -- and even then you will probably find a hundred or so missing. My routes use only built-in or DLS content and a limited number of downloads.

As well as Manage Content the "white pages" can be viewed here:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/

Also consider joining the Forums, here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/

Registration is needed for both -- the same that you use for Trainz.

Phil

Actually I'm already registered to the forums as I was on years ago when I first got an older version of Trainz. I have to register this product I believe still. Managed to create a layer with a Google Earth image and my first prototypical route for Niagara has started. I like what I've done today so far. I'm debating if I should play around with the DEM stuff or just eyeball the area. I don't live in mountains but there is the Niagara escarpment which I plan on modeling. Other than that it's pretty flat at the start of my route. What I like about Trainz is I can create a route, start operating almost right away and add on more stuff as I go along just like a model railroad. Except it's as close to the real world as I can make it.

Think I'll do a short "windowed" live stream on it. I had Fraps but ran into issue after an update for some reason. Decided to stick to the open broadcaster. I'll play around with some settings and test it later.

Thanks

Sean

Gone very quiet here? Just to keep it ticking along -- a new layout with the TRS19 track, all 3D PBR textures and full coverage with TurfFX grasses:

Actually I've been very busy creating and playing in Trainz now. Thanks for your help. I think I did a 7 hour live stream earlier today (honestly didn't know we were on for that long to our surprise).

Yesterday I was banging my head trying to get the industry link download to work. Was trying to get two industries in a Oxy Vinyl plant that received Vinyl Chloride liquid, to turn it into PVC plastic pellets. For whatever reason I couldn't stop the plastic loader from trying to load the liquid back

Today though was much better with a working hump yard in staging. Actually been doing plenty of downloads including a few of yours thank-You very much.

I noticed your video came up earlier. My son noticed it, and we were going to stop and watch it for lunch. But then he took over the controls while I prepared lunch and we kept building our train through it.

Trying to find some good driveable cargo ships. Most ships I've seen are either containers, sailboats, etc. Definitely static ones. I found an operating lock and lift bridges which is great.

Anyways keep up the good work. I have to get back to mine

Thanks

Sean

Chuck & Joe wait for the gondola to be loaded at the Steel Mill. Their B&O Consolidation simmers, hisses and pants quietly in the early morning light.

You know I'm not a big steam fan, but I love your pictures and videos. It always makes me feel the what if I was born just a bit earlier (other than probably being off this planet) to experience what lines near me would have been like.

BTW do you know of any ships that can be driven for the DLS? I seen your image, and the only thing I have found that isn't static is some steamships and small boats. I'm developing a ship canal that I found a working lock and lift bridges that are close to what I'm looking for. Essentially I'm looking for ships I can use in current era (been around for 30 years in some cases) cargo ships but not super lakers, or container as you wouldn't see those this far up from Lake Ontario in the Welland Canal.

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 04-22-2020 at 07:47 AM. Reason: question for Phil

Sean --

Go to the "White Pages", here:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/

Text search = ship / boat / barge / ... .
    Title (then repeat with Description).
    Category = Locomotives
    Trainz versions -- include all 'cause some most likely predate '06.

You will need to lay invisible track for them to move along.

Good luck,
    Phil

Yeah did it, unfortunately only sailboats, steam ships, cruise ships, and container ships.

Yeah I've seen the tutorial on the laying of track, bridges, locks, etc. I might just use the cruise ship and sail boats as occasionally you may see them in the canal. Also the occasional barge might pass.

At some point would love to tackle making a static ship driveable as I've seen a couple of them that look good. Already learning enough as it is

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 04-22-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    You know I'm not a big steam fan, but I love your pictures and videos. It always makes me feel the what if I was born just a bit earlier (other than probably being off this planet) to experience what lines near me would have been like.
    I'm sure you've been to what was originally known as Aberfoyle Junction, Sean? Beautifully detailed model railway of the transition era, right here in Ontario (the Escarpment is modelled)

https://stjacobsmodelrailway.com/