Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trainz 2019 North America

In the light of what N3V keep doing to TRS2019 I would say yes Bruce, I do. SP4 is the last iteration of TANE and it didn't seem to break too much. But with the constant stream of updates to '19 which seem to radically affect the core programme not to mention the various version levels it has become a nightmare. Yes it may look nicer but the basic functionality if you eventually want to drive a train around your route is essentially the same. I lose access to some of the '19 only items which have been uploaded to the DLS but in the final analysis very little of that is loco or rolling stock orientated, meaning for the most part whether you use TANE or TRS19 you are driving the same assets from 8 - 15 years ago.
    I also prefer the Surveyor interface in TANE to the changes that were made in '19.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    In the light of what N3V keep doing to TRS2019 I would say yes Bruce, I do.......
    Thanks, Vern.
    I have 2019 installed but also have many versions going back to the beginning, which I held on to.
    Maybe I should dump Tz2019 and install TANE.

But I was also thinking along the lines of Transport Fever 2, which, from some of the stuff I've seen around on the 'net (including YT videos) allows for a lot of flexibility in operation and creation and is supported by a heap of mods, apparently.
    I bought the game recently (in the sale) but have yet to install it.

The problem is that I have so many other interests that I just run out of time!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I am the opposite to you Vern, really disliked TANE. Not that i like TRS19, much more.

It is only installed here because of the Cornish Rail freeware route.

Well who's fault is that Bruce ? You shouldn't be such an interesting person. Then you wouldn't run out of time.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Well who's fault is that Bruce ? You shouldn't be such an interesting person. Then you wouldn't run out of time.

Mike.
    Well, I dunno about being an interesting person, Mike. I think many would say I lead what is to them a bloody boring existence!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Well, I dunno about being an interesting person, Mike. I think many would say I lead what is to them a bloody boring existence!
    I think most people do Bruce. But it is what you are interested in that makes you interesting, or not. As the case may be, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Just saw the screenshots of the 153, speckles everywhere. Jeez what a mess. Unless (according to the fanbois) you run at full resolution and highest detail in which case you get a slideshow.
    Vern.

My 23inch WS monitor only does 1920x1080 max Vern.

But everything in Trainz video wise is set to Ultra or whatever the highest setting is for each setting.

Draw distance is set to 10,000 metres which is the max i believe.

But i still get all that speckling crap, which first showed it's ugly face in TANE.

No slideshow here buddy but who ever claims it is caused by low game settings.

On the fanbois special forum, is talking out of their ar**

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd