Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerned about buying Mullen pass.

I agree. Like it or not, people are going to have to invest in the time needed to learn TSRE. Not only are the DDS textures in play in current routes that MSTS tools know nothing about or how to handle them, but some rolling stock names are beginning to exceed the 30 character limit imposed by MSTS and its generation of tools, and consists sizes are exceeding the old consist builder limits.

The sooner you get on it, the sooner you get over it. The 50 creative ways of multiple people asking "do I really really really need to learn something new?" has run it's course.

I do wish Trainsimulations would once again collaborate with Goku and update their download of a "packaged" version of Goku's products moving beyond version 6.958, getting up to 6.9763 (or the next 6.977) that also includes the Shape Viewer component, along with unpacking the third icon for shape viewer on desktops of those who install it, while gently recognizing that this effort should NOT be Trainsimulation's responsibility in the first place. But they took the steps before to further our progress. Maybe it is in their soul to do it again. One stop shopping and one click install for newbies is always appreciated.

After installing the 0.6958, I periodically update the TSRE version manually on my system while editing the respective batch file for each function to reflect the new version number, and clearly I have "borrowed" one of the existing icons for the third component)

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    ... I am not trying to be harsh or anything, just stating the obvious.
    Obviously it isn't obvious to those of us who are not into OR to the extent that many others may be.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Like it or not, people are going to have to invest in the time needed to learn TSRE.
    Only if we are interested in creating/editing....and I gave up on that several years ago.
    Now I simply download what others create - it's far easier, less time-consuming and the end result is usually better than what I could be bothered doing, anyway.

So please...keep creating and uploading, you clever people!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Obviously it isn't obvious to those of us who are not into OR to the extent that many others may be.
    I think i understand what you are saying. For myself, it took some time to move to OR and TSRE. I think some here might remember me asking about OR and my MSTS assets or any other questions. The transition was not hard, i just dive in it. My first move was to learn about TSRE(i am still learning 3 years later) and i did it slowly and i can say now that i enjoy it. It is way better than MSTS-RE, not even in the same league. I am still at the stage of finishing a projet, that i started in MSTS-RE. I only play what is done by others, freeware or payware routes, but soon, i will have to learn how to make my own activities and paths for those routes and in my project.

What i did first was getting over my fear of the new, and to proceed at my pace. Simple as that. And remember that here, there is a lot of people that are willing to help you, they are great people and i do thank them for their help.

Michel