Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned about buying Mullen pass.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Concerned about buying Mullen pass.

First of all let me explain that I do use Open Rails but something is either not set right or my version is too old. A good example of my problems came after getting Trainsimulations Rual route. While the route downloads and runs fine, it's the rolling stock I have issues with. Same thing after getting there Milwaukee road set (with freight cars) While the engines seems to work fine, when I try using say a boxcar or any other that came with the set, I get error messages! If this helps at all, I'm still using the old activity editor. It's what I'm use too and would like to continue using it if possible. 35 bucks is a fair amount of change for a route that I will no doubt have the SAME issues with concerning rolling stock. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    First of all let me explain that I do use Open Rails but something is either not set right or my version is too old. A good example of my problems came after getting Trainsimulations Rual route. While the route downloads and runs fine, it's the rolling stock I have issues with. Same thing after getting there Milwaukee road set (with freight cars) While the engines seems to work fine, when I try using say a boxcar or any other that came with the set, I get error messages! If this helps at all, I'm still using the old activity editor. It's what I'm use too and would like to continue using it if possible. 35 bucks is a fair amount of change for a route that I will no doubt have the SAME issues with concerning rolling stock. Can anyone help?
    Upgrade it to 1.31

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Do you get errors with the Milwaukee freight cars ONLY in the MSTS activity editor, or also while running Open Rails? To answer your question, you WILL get errors if you try to open the Mullan locomotives and freight cars using the old MSTS activity editor, because the Mullan content uses DDS textures, which are not supported by the old editor.

If you choose to purchase Mullan, we highly recommend you use the current stable version of Open Rails. The stable version is what was used to test the route.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Sean,

I downloaded the OR version 1.3.1 you recommended now my system is saying I don't have proper software to open it! Which activity editor would you recommend? I would rather not use that TSRE. I've heard it's a major pain.

Sean,

I downloaded the OR version 1.3.1 you recommended now my system is saying I don't have proper software to open it! Which activity editor would you recommend? I would rather not use that TSRE. I've heard it's a major pain.
    I have not had issue with TSRE.

TSRE is better than MSTS
    The activity editor is not 100% fully formed, but it is workable.

This can be fixed. First off,you should create a seperate folder for your "Open Rails" installation. I created "E Open Rails",installed the latest version of "Open Rails" into it and the copied my "TRAINS" folder with the subfolders "Trainsets and Consists into it. Then I installed the Ruell Sub into that neew installation and no problems! The problem that you are having,as having been pointed out is that content that is strictly Open Rails is not compatible with MSTS content in the MSTS Activity Editor. If you try to build a mixed consist using MSTS,you will get the "Error" messages that you have gotten. Unfortunately,the only way to solve this problem is to use TSRE. I am not knocking it,I love the TSRE Consist Builder but I agree that the TSRE Route Editor can be daunting. Have only about figured out 70 percent of it myself. I do not find the Tutorial clear enough for a Luddite like me to understand clearly. I have problems with setting up AI traffic and placing Static Consists. Since I am a wiz with the MSTS Activity Editor,that is where I do my Activity creation,but ONLY for MSTS AND Open Rails compatible rolling stock. Got to get it in gear if I want to create Activities for Ruell and Mullens Pass when I purchase it. Hope this helps,if not clear, I will try to clarify. Have Fun. Brian

I could have sworn I saw a thread in here somewhere (might not have been on this one) where it mentioned WHAT boxes to check or uncheck in Open Rails options regarding the new Mullen Pass route.

I could have sworn I saw a thread in here somewhere (might not have been on this one) where it mentioned WHAT boxes to check or uncheck in Open Rails options regarding the new Mullen Pass route.
    It is in the manual for Mullan Pass.

First off trainman_47, your issues don't seem to lie with the routes themselves, but the fact that you are trying to still use MSTS AE. This is like trying to use windows (any version) on say a Commodore 64. They are not compatible. New routes and trainsets from TrainSimulations may not be compatible with MSTS. If you get them to work on your machine, then you're fortunate. These items are built for Open Rails and all of the editors that are currently out there for it. If you keep trying to use something that they are not intended to work on, then you will have issues. I am not trying to be harsh or anything, just stating the obvious.
    Last edited by commec61; 03-28-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran