Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to edit consists in activity editor

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Default Unable to edit consists in activity editor

I have several MSTS installations (mini routes).In just one,with USA content,when I click on a consist in the activity editor,it stops working with the message "MSTS has encountered an error".
    Conbuilder and Convoi report no errors in engines,wagons or consists.
    Does anyone have any ideas ?

Hi Peter,
    Without knowing the exact contents of the consist, nobody would be able to give you an answer, but I suspect that at least one of the vehicles contains something that MSTS AE doesn't like! All you can do is successively remove one vehicle at a time and keep trying AE - when/if it eventually doesn't crash, then you're found the culprit.

With respect, why bother trying to create or edit consists in AE?? It's not the best/easiest program for the job, and, as you say, ConBuilder and Convoi have no problems!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 04-04-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Trying to use a different consist for either the player train or an AI train,or trying to use different vehicles in a static loose consist to populate an activity.I do not create consists in the AE

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    I have several MSTS installations (mini routes).In just one,with USA content,when I click on a consist in the activity editor,it stops working with the message "MSTS has encountered an error".
    Conbuilder and Convoi report no errors in engines,wagons or consists.
    If we are to assume that "a consist" means one particular consist, what happens when you open and try to edit this consist with ConBuilder or Convoi? If they are able to open it for editing, then I would assume that there is something wrong/missing with the shape file of one of the components of the consist. To investigate that idea, open the consist with ConBuilder then sequentially select each item and use ConBuilder's interface with Shape Viewer to open the item in Shape Viewer and look for errors.
    Charles

I do not have any problems with editing consists in conbuilder.Do not use convoi for that as cb is just fine.

Ged,I get some error messages when using your Activity Manager,

Line: Engine Data ( gives detail of the loco )

What does this mean,as they work fine in the sim and as I say,cb and convoi report no faults

I do not have any problems with editing consists in conbuilder. Do not use convoi for that as cb is just fine.
    I'm confused. Is it "A" consist that is giving errors? Or ALL consists?
    Charles

Ged,I get some error messages when using your Activity Manager,

Line: Engine Data ( gives detail of the loco )

What does this mean,as they work fine in the sim and as I say,cb and convoi report no faults
    Did you add a space to EngineData? Line in CON file is EngineData ( Filename Foldername )
    Charles

Yep,
    1. Best Idea: post one of the problem consists, so we can see it....
    2. 2nd Best idea: or give complete information on the consist so if someone else has the same consist they can compare to yours..
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Imagine you are in the activity editor;it is open at the activity in which you wish to change the player consist to another....click on it,MSTS closes...does not matter which consist.That is the problem !