Thread: From a Ex Nurse.

Default From a Ex Nurse.

Please take this virus serious. I see many around where I live that refuse to and I wish I could pull them into a hospital to make them hear a person who is litteraly dying to just breath. It's something I have heard so many times and with this going on it's come back I can even hear it when I sleep.

You are all one big extended family to me and I would be devistated to hear that any of you passed away due to this. Keep yourself safe, make sure you wash your hands, clean your door knobs, We don't even know the true long term effects will be
    some doctors I still talk to are saying this can live on for weeks on open surfaces.

Be safe and be careful
    Michelle

The refusal to listen to experts and pay attention to the scientific & medical facts is also present here in the USA. Seems like some folks wish to turn back the clock to before the enlightenment --- a MOST disconcerting and bizarre attitude -- and more than likely, in some cases, will prove to be fatal. Take care of yourself and the ones around you.

Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

"it won't happen to me" syndrome.
    It shines a very bright light on the immense level of complete ignorance in today's society. A sad commentary on the evolution (or lack thereof) of our species.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    Please take this virus serious. I see many around where I live that refuse to and I wish I could pull them into a hospital to make them hear a person who is litteraly dying to just breath. It's something I have heard so many times and with this going on it's come back I can even hear it when I sleep.

You are all one big extended family to me and I would be devistated to hear that any of you passed away due to this. Keep yourself safe, make sure you wash your hands, clean your door knobs, We don't even know the true long term effects will be
    some doctors I still talk to are saying this can live on for weeks on open surfaces.

Be safe and be careful
    Michelle
    Well said Michelle.

Those of us regularly on here are way ahead of the game as far as keeping occupied and "sort of" sane during these periods of Isolation but we must ALL take the isolation and cleansing routines seriously and stick to them.

Here in the UK we've seen quick and helpful responses from all sorts of people and organisations. Stuff that makes you believe in your fellow beings? Downside is that it's also exposed THE VERY worst in some people ...but hey ....some of won't forget that and anyway I'm big on Karma........
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Pretty grim in the UK today, 260 dead in the last 24 hours takes us over the 1000 mark. The Lockdown is helping but sadly all too evident not everyone is taking it seriously. Huge argument on another forum I frequent whether the regulations "allow" you to use the car to reach a quieter walk (they don't) or how long you can exercise for. Some people still seem to think their personal fitness plan takes priority when people are dying out there. And those pictures of people packed in on the London Underground just a few days ago were horrific = one had it, they've probably all got it.

We are keeping a low profile, just taking brief exercise and a couple of shopping trips a week other than that staying indoors.

Sincerely hope that all those involved with our hobby are keeping safe and well.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Pretty grim in the UK today, 260 dead in the last 24 hours takes us over the 1000 mark. The Lockdown is helping but sadly all too evident not everyone is taking it seriously. Huge argument on another forum I frequent whether the regulations "allow" you to use the car to reach a quieter walk (they don't) or how long you can exercise for. Some people still seem to think their personal fitness plan takes priority when people are dying out there. And those pictures of people packed in on the London Underground just a few days ago were horrific = one had it, they've probably all got it.

We are keeping a low profile, just taking brief exercise and a couple of shopping trips a week other than that staying indoors.

Sincerely hope that all those involved with our hobby are keeping safe and well.

Same in Hull the sheer arrogance and the poor shambolic response by the government has not made things better. I can't believe the news when I saw the three women coughing and spitting on people they passed in the street. I can honestly tell you if your a man I really envy you. I think Most guys have some idea how most women really are but believe me were worse than men when it comes to stupid petty crap.

Ask most women who would they rather work for a man or a woman Most will tell you a man and for every good reasons. Honestly I love my male friends better than my female friends at least I can count on them women always have a agenda.

I see people walking in groups, jogging, sitting in the parks. No one is practicing social distancing even at ASDA or Tesco.
    I think this is god version of the Darwin Awards and so many are going to win.

It's just the same selfish people we see everyday with the I'm entitled and the rest of the world is here for my benefit attitude. I always wondered how they got this way?
    Jim

Lets keep the politics out of our hobby and this forum.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Again, no politics please....so locked!
    Dave Edwards