Thread: Cannot Edit or Delete Posts?

Default Cannot Edit or Delete Posts?

Hello,

We used to be able to easily edit or delete old posts if necessary to correct information. Is this no longer possible? I don't see any options to edit or delete my thread posts, even from just a few days ago. It only appears possible on very very recently-made posts.

Thanks.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Hello,

We used to be able to easily edit or delete old posts if necessary to correct information. Is this no longer possible? I don't see any options to edit or delete my thread posts, even from just a few days ago. It only appears possible on very very recently-made posts.

Thanks.
    Sean,
    A while ago, a 30min ( if I remember correctly ) edit window was instituted on the forum, after that no edits on the post...have to do a new post -- referring to the previous post if necessary. Gerry

However, as a member I think if your post has something to do with the TS business ( patches, information, corrections ) an exemption to the rule would be a nice courtesy. IMHO
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for that. The reason I would argue that is a bad policy is that, if we made a post that suggests a certain solution to a problem, and then we later realize that solution is NOT a good solution, we have no way to go back and correct it. There is the risk of someone finding the old post with errors in it, but NOT finding the post that corrects the old one. Did something specific happen on the forums that warranted this change? The fact that we cannot even DELETE an old post is very odd, to me.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPlatypus View Post
    Hi Gerry,

Thanks for that. The reason I would argue that is a bad policy is that, if we made a post that suggests a certain solution to a problem, and then we later realize that solution is NOT a good solution, we have no way to go back and correct it. There is the risk of someone finding the incorrect post, but NOT finding the post that corrects the old one. Did something specific happen on the forums that warranted this change?
    Above by pay grade to speculate what prompted the forum posting changes...in agreement with you, considering you are posting information critical to successful use and implementation of purchases made by forum users. I would suggest getting in contact with Nels.
    Good work on the route and physics...sent me into test mode...opened up ideas on something I had been puzzling about for some weeks.
    Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hello!
    Nels and I have always responded when an author requests a change to
    a post. A new post in the same thread is usually preferred as most readers
    should continue to the later posts for the best info. It does create sort of
    a history.

Thank you all!
    Rick