Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian Pacific MofW Cars

Hi Paul,

The gondola cars are usually converted from old Otis Drop Bottom Gondolas, including wreck damaged cars. I have a picture of a scratch built model of such a car from the CPR modeling ring.

The diesel fuel tank I am still searching for pictures of. I think it was a tank on a flatcar with something else. One of those shorty tanks sharing a flatcar with other MOW stuff.

A good site for CPR Mow stuff is Old Time Trains http://www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrain...ling/three.htm

There might also be some CPR M/W photos on George Elwood's site. Although I'm not certain.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 04-01-2020 at 10:04 PM.

RR Fallen Flags does have quite a page of CPR M/W.

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cp/cp-mow.htm

I guess I need to figure out which car in your set is which,

From my friend and fellow CPR modeler,

Quote,

"The boxcar was called the block car and carried rigging cables blocks etc. the baggage was the shop on wheels. As I said before you had a wheel car or two plus panel track if needed for the shoo fly. That would be old gons normally. I would add a power car with diesel genset , a fuel tank and water tank. I will send you some photos of good candidates."

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 04-01-2020 at 10:30 PM.

A source of actually drawings for CP and other companies equipment is www.cptracks.ca but of course they are down this morning! You need to register to get into their document library but it's well worth it.

Paul :-)