Thread: Surfliner north of LA.

Default Surfliner north of LA.

So I remebered when I played MSTS and how excited I was when someone finally made the route from LA north along the coast to SLO. That was a long time ago and now I mainly play Train Sim 20XX and would love it if someone made the route for this sim. Just curious if anyone has heard anything on weather theres a possibility this route could be made for Train Sim?
    I would love to make it myself but I wouldn't even know where to start with making my own route. I know how to make my own scenarios and place some objects but thats aabout it.

Thanks

Best place to check out for that is the Railworks America website & search the forum there .

I remember hearing about someone attemping it a few years back but I think it turned into vaporware as so many route projects do with all the train sims.

For me TS20XX I hardly touch except for one route The Bergen County Line from the Steam Workshop. I play that many times a week because it is my hometown line.

But I work check RWA because they are the best resource for all things TS20XX http://railworksamerica.com
    - Mark -

Should mention too that why don't you try the Surfliner (Freeware) route here on Open Rails (Also Free). Plus with the great inexpensive stock that is available for it from 3DTrains (Surfliner Set) & the great new items from TMT ( Coaster, Metrolink, Surfliner engines & Coaster & Metrolink rolling stock) makes it a blast to run.

Plus using the Surfliner route (Now at version 2.3 since Jan. 2019) in Open Rails gives it a new dimension. Great graphics & physics.

Even if you use the free download stock for the forum here, it is a great route to run & IMO more accurate than the DTG version.
    - Mark -

.......using the Surfliner route (Now at version 2.3 since Jan. 2019) in Open Rails gives it a new dimension. Great graphics & physics.....
    One of my all-time favourite routes. I enjoy the mix of rural, coast and city. A great route.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Should mention too that why don't you try the Surfliner (Freeware) route here on Open Rails (Also Free). Plus with the great inexpensive stock that is available for it from 3DTrains (Surfliner Set) & the great new items from TMT ( Coaster, Metrolink, Surfliner engines & Coaster & Metrolink rolling stock) makes it a blast to run.

Plus using the Surfliner route (Now at version 2.3 since Jan. 2019) in Open Rails gives it a new dimension. Great graphics & physics.

Even if you use the free download stock for the forum here, it is a great route to run & IMO more accurate than the DTG version.
    Thanks. I Haven't tried the updates for the route but I recently installed MSTS again and Open Rails just so I could drive the route again but just can't go back to those old graphics. I will definitely try versions 2.2 and 2.3 though as i sounds like the textures have been improved.

Quote Originally Posted by jt233 View Post
    .... . i sounds like the textures have been improved.
    No, not really. The updates added more real-world detail.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

...and if you use the monogame version of OR with ReShade the graphics are given another boost.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.