Thread: Auto Pilot Acts

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Default Auto Pilot Acts

Hi

I really enjoy acts that run with Auto Pilot.

BUT I cannot find any that run a switching Act
    on Auto Pilot.

A couple of the MP5 freight acts work for the first 2 or 3 switches
    but fail after that.

Are there any Routes/Acts that have fully autopilot
    capability.

Just asking.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

I modified an existing activity for the West Colton route to run entirely in autopilot. If you have the West Colton, PM me...the activity is not available only at the DW web/forum and from me.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Gerry, Which one is it on the DW Member's Forum? I like to run it because the West Colton is such a great route to look around when running. Most of the time I am too busy doing something in the act when running it.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Gerry, Which one is it on the DW Member's Forum? I like to run it because the West Colton is such a great route to look around when running. Most of the time I am too busy doing something in the act when running it.
    Come to think of it...I did two for Scott --- both of them worked entirely in autopilot ( if I remember --) I haven't run them in a long time, I made them back in 2015 - that is ancient history in OR -- if they still worked it would be a miracle.
    The two were:
    ORTS_DW_WC_ASSEMBLE_TRAIN_ON_SIDING-210.act
    ORTS_BAD_ORDER_CUT_MOVE.act

I think I'll run them in OR to see if they still function properly.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

ORTS Bad Order (ORTS_BAD_ORDER_CUT_MOVE.act) is the one that the player can run in autopilot.
    ORTS_DW_WC_ASSEMBLE_TRAIN_ON_SIDING-210.act --- the player has to use manual to build the train, I could never make the all the reverse points work in the path structure -- trackviewer might accomplish it today....However, at the same time the player is building the train a Yard Switcher is building another train...that's fun to watch.

Still have not checked either of them all the way through to see if they still work as they did five years ago.

Thanks Gerry for the file names. I had one of them already and I downloaded the other. I will try them out over this week. Have to walk away from TSRE5 before I get burnout from working on the Blue Comet Lines route .

This is great you attempted these king of activities too because I want to include a couple of them in the route too for when I release it. I am sure they will give me plenty of insight on how to do them. Going to make them both for freeware stock available here & for the BLW/ZT new CNJ set when it is ready to be released. I am also including one or two that are like the "Maine Foaming" that SLI - T-S has in their "BNSF Priority Traffic" add-on pack for the BNSF Seligman Sub route (The Priority Traffic set comes with the route now.) . It is basically a "Railfanning" activity where you stand trackside watching the action.

I just figured it be nice to include those types of activities with it for the ones that love to just keep it on autopilot in OR. I know there are many out there. But I will include enough for the player that has to be "Hands-On" too. Just a little for everyone to enjoy.
    - Mark -