Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B & O West End Scale Rail Problem

Default B & O West End Scale Rail Problem

I'm obviously doing something wrong here.

Long time since I got Scale Rail or indeed installed it in any route. Here's the problem.

Open Rails 2020-04-04.jpg
    CLICK TO ENLARGE

I seem to have a load of Scale Rail files so not sure exactly what should be installed and where.

BTW this seems to be a Open Rails issue?

Help appreciated.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Why post in MSTS Routes sub-forum if it is an Open Rails issue? Where is your OpenRailslog.txt file?

Appears maybe OR has replaced missing SR track with default track.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Why post in MSTS Routes sub-forum if it is an Open Rails issue? Where is your OpenRailslog.txt file?

Appears maybe OR has replaced missing SR track with default track.
    Simples Charles. It may be me being stupid rather than an issue with OR. Scale Rail was an MSTS add-on and I don't pretend to be informed enough to know how these issues are affected by OR. I'll post it there as well and update both posts to help others if it's a Sim specific issue or just me being thick

What I don't understand is that some of the Scale rail shows up perfectly and yet sections that don't appear to be "special" are reverting to Mk1 DEFAULT MSTS track textures.
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Simples Charles. It may be me being stupid rather than an issue with OR. Scale Rail was an MSTS add-on and I don't pretend to be informed enough to know how these issues are affected by OR. I'll post it there as well and update both posts to help others if it's a Sim specific issue or just me being thick

What I don't understand is that some of the Scale rail shows up perfectly and yet sections that don't appear to be "special" are reverting to Mk1 DEFAULT MSTS track textures.
    ORTS log file should tell you when the route called for a SR track and when not found was replaced with default track.
    Knowing the SR filename would help in resolution of your problem. If that was not the case then if the route is a "converted" to SR then perhaps there was not an SR track equivalent so the original track piece is used.
    Charles

Hi Folks,

A Scale Rail "track profile" is not included with the route - apparently there are some available in the lib people mentioned with the disclaimer there are "artifacts" when using them... I haven't tried them... Simplest solution - simply turn off "super elevation" in ORTS and it should be fine...

It's a Scale Rail issue...

Regards,
    Scott

It has to do with super elevation enabled. Same with tracks attached to berms. Turn off super elevation and it will look normal again!

Thank's Chris, Jason

Now you mention "super elevation" it jogged my memory on posts about that a few months (?) back and I had hoped that my Forum Searches would find any past posts.

I'll try that fix and see how it works.

What should I search to find the "track Profiles" (other than that) Chris? So many times I search "the obvious" and find NOTHING only to discover by some circuitous route that what I wanted is there all along.
    Geoff
    UK

Yep! Turning off Super Elevation fixes the track textures but leaves a route that's all curves without the super elevation

Anyone got a link to the profiles in the library that might work? Track Profiles got me nothing. I'll re-search the forum because the more you've posted the more certain there was a thread about this before the route was released?

Thanks for the texture fix anyway.
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Yep! Turning off Super Elevation fixes the track textures but leaves a route that's all curves without the super elevation

Anyone got a link to the profiles in the library that might work? Track Profiles got me nothing. I'll re-search the forum because the more you've posted the more certain there was a thread about this before the route was released?

Thanks for the texture fix anyway.
    Super Elevation was my initial thought but then I thought surely someone that had been on this forum for 16 years and participated in so many threads would know the super elevation affects SR track.
    Charles

This also continues to be an issue with UK Finescale track and as Geoff says it kind of spoils running routes with bountiful curvature (like Plymouth to Penzance) if you can't enjoy a bit of superelevation.

Would be nice if at some point the ORTS team could add the necessary support.
    Vern.