Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Placing Level Crossing Flashers/Gates

Exclamation Issues with Placing Level Crossing Flashers/Gates

Hello,

I'm working on a route that was made back in 2008. I was able to upgrade signaling and I was putting in some cantilevers for a railroad crossing, but when I try to add some interactives (example, flashing lights or gates), they cannot be placed on the route for some odd reason. The REF file lists these shapes in there, but I cannot place them... How can I go about fixing this issue?

Zach Bell

a.k.a.
    LittleFalls_RailFan

Sounds like they are static objects. Open the REF file, find the name of the object in question and see if they are set as interactives or static...That would be a good starting point.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

These objects that I tried to place are part of Travis' TEM_Xing_Set_1. I checked the REF file and everything is listed OK as "LevelCr". Just not sure why I can't place the gates or flashers next to the cantilevers and adjust them as I needed to. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Zach Bell

a.k.a.
    LittleFalls_RailFan

What do you mean by 'you can't place them'? That could mean a few things. I've placed many crossings of various types without issue, so the set does work

It could be my REF file, I'll check it quick and get back to you. Maybe I should delete all entries and re-enter them as needed.

If you can see them in the .ref, but you can't 'place' them (still don't exactly know what that means), then the .ref file is probably fine. Are the shapes you need present in the route's shapes folder?

I checked and yes they are present in the SHAPES folder.

LittleFalls_RailFan

Hey Zach,

Check your TSRE settings.txt file for these two settings:

writeEnabled = true
    writeTDB = true

oops . . . just read you had upgraded some signals so that kills my reasoning. sorry\
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBell4400 View Post
    I checked and yes they are present in the SHAPES folder.

LittleFalls_RailFan
    Alright, that's one less possibility. So, again, what exactly happens when you try to place a shape in the RE?

I can click and place a static object on the route, but when I try to add an interactive, such as a flasher or gate, I'm having some bad issues with it. I double-checked everything to make sure that one, the REF is OK, and two, that all objects required are present in the SHAPES and TEXTURES folders.