Thread: Paul Fowler's Content?

Default Paul Fowler's Content?

I've been wondering if anyone still has contacts with the Fowler family? I'm wondering if any of his locomotive sets could be released here in the library for the community to enjoy? It's a shame his content doesn't live on, as his work was some of the best ever done. Paul was a master model maker.

I'm interested in the Milw Road, CSX, SOU, SP, D&RGW content to be specific.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    I've been wondering if anyone still has contacts with the Fowler family? I'm wondering if any of his locomotive sets could be released here in the library for the community to enjoy? It's a shame his content doesn't live on, as his work was some of the best ever done. Paul was a master model maker.

Robert
    I was lucky enough to get Paul's SRR SD45's, NW & RF&P 4 Packs & the GMO Passenger Packs before the site went down. He really made some beautiful stock for the hobby. Wish I would have got the GW items he had as well.
    - Mark -

Paul Fowler has to be in the top five model makers in this hobby...his work really was superb...meticulously detailed, beautifully textured, just outstanding craftsmanship. I was also fortunate enough to purchase his work...I cannot see why his family would release it as freeware. The website is shut, no longer offering the sets...perhaps someone who knows the family would be willing to take on the chore of managing future sales?? Very long shot at best.

It's a shame his content doesn't live on, as his work was some of the best ever done. Paul was a master model maker. Robert
    Indeed, Robert
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I'm not sure which method of release would be more likely?

I was thinking along the lines of Jan Henning Gettkant and the release of the old Nickel Belt Rail Models a while back. Those CPR sets are pretty darn good as well.

Robert

Robert

You need to get in contact with Frank Burns who represents the families interest in distribution.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Dave,

I will try dropping him a PM. I hope Frank is well and not affected by Covid-19. I thought he might have seen this discussion and dropped in by now.

Robert

At this time, there won't be any public distribution of Paul's work.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Frank,

Thanks for stopping by.

Well, That's a bit of a shame.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    At this time, there won't be any public distribution of Paul's work.
    Nice call Frank ,all they want is it for free. Paul did great work and I bought alot of it years ago.
    Work Safe play hard

Westerngy,

I never specifically stated free or payware.

I was interested in getting them available again in any form that would work for the Fowler family.

I would hedge a guess the decision to not make them available again, actually has to do with a certain individual running loose causing mayhem.

Robert