Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: UKFS And Superelevation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,093

    Default UKFS And Superelevation

    Mentioned this as an aside in another post, which seems to have been, erm, spring cleaned.

    Was just wondering if there are plans to update the code so that UK Finescale track displays correctly on curves when superelevation is checked? At the moment the view defaults to basic Mk1 Kuju track section and texture. There are quite a few superb UK routes which use UKFS, the latest being Plymouth to Penzance which is pretty much an 80 mile succession of sweeping curves (plus all the branches). A real shame we cannot enjoy that in OR or OR MG with our train banking into those curved sections.

    Thank you.
    Vern.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK.
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Code already handles it. What is needed is a track profile as mentioned in the post on Scale Rail in this forum.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Mentioned this as an aside in another post, which seems to have been, erm, spring cleaned.

    Was just wondering if there are plans to update the code so that UK Finescale track displays correctly on curves when superelevation is checked? At the moment the view defaults to basic Mk1 Kuju track section and texture. There are quite a few superb UK routes which use UKFS, the latest being Plymouth to Penzance which is pretty much an 80 mile succession of sweeping curves (plus all the branches). A real shame we cannot enjoy that in OR or OR MG with our train banking into those curved sections.

    Thank you.
    I think you had the solution back in 2018

    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...lerail+profile

    Martin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Hi Martin,
    My fix only corrected the 'shimmering', experienced with UKFS in Open Rails; superelevation is, I believe, a totally different problem!

    Cheers,
    Ged

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Martin,
    My fix only corrected the 'shimmering', experienced with UKFS in Open Rails; superelevation is, I believe, a totally different problem!

    Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi Ged

    Look at (your) post #6 in the linked thread. The solution has been available for over 5 years now.

    Keep safe

    Martin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brace2011 View Post
    I think you had the solution back in 2018

    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...lerail+profile

    Martin
    My memory is not that good...

    Unfortunately I have lost my log in details at Elvas - shame the fix can't be uploaded here, too.

    Also maybe worth those building routes with UKFS adding the profile into the route before distribution (just a suggestion ).
    Vern.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    My memory is not that good...

    Unfortunately I have lost my log in details at Elvas - shame the fix can't be uploaded here, too.

    Also maybe worth those building routes with UKFS adding the profile into the route before distribution (just a suggestion ).
    Vern

    My guess is that you applied the fix to one (or more) of your routes at the time - ie. back in 2018. Check your routes for a folder called TRACKPROFILES with a file called "TrProfile.stf" in it. Copy and paste to your shiny new Plymouth-Penzance route folder and you're good to go.

    Martin

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Hi Ged,
    Look at (your) post #6 in the linked thread. The solution has been available for over 5 years now.

    Keep safe

    Martin

    Hi Martin,
    My apologies
    I didn't look far enough back!!

    Cheers,
    Ged

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Up and running. Thanks for the help guys.
    Vern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •