Thread: UKFS And Superelevation

Default UKFS And Superelevation

Mentioned this as an aside in another post, which seems to have been, erm, spring cleaned.

Was just wondering if there are plans to update the code so that UK Finescale track displays correctly on curves when superelevation is checked? At the moment the view defaults to basic Mk1 Kuju track section and texture. There are quite a few superb UK routes which use UKFS, the latest being Plymouth to Penzance which is pretty much an 80 mile succession of sweeping curves (plus all the branches). A real shame we cannot enjoy that in OR or OR MG with our train banking into those curved sections.

Thank you.
    Vern.

Code already handles it. What is needed is a track profile as mentioned in the post on Scale Rail in this forum.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Mentioned this as an aside in another post, which seems to have been, erm, spring cleaned.

Was just wondering if there are plans to update the code so that UK Finescale track displays correctly on curves when superelevation is checked? At the moment the view defaults to basic Mk1 Kuju track section and texture. There are quite a few superb UK routes which use UKFS, the latest being Plymouth to Penzance which is pretty much an 80 mile succession of sweeping curves (plus all the branches). A real shame we cannot enjoy that in OR or OR MG with our train banking into those curved sections.

Thank you.
    I think you had the solution back in 2018

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...lerail+profile

Martin

Hi Martin,
    My fix only corrected the 'shimmering', experienced with UKFS in Open Rails; superelevation is, I believe, a totally different problem!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Martin,
    My fix only corrected the 'shimmering', experienced with UKFS in Open Rails; superelevation is, I believe, a totally different problem!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi Ged

Look at (your) post #6 in the linked thread. The solution has been available for over 5 years now.

Keep safe

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by brace2011 View Post
    I think you had the solution back in 2018

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...lerail+profile

Martin
    My memory is not that good...

Unfortunately I have lost my log in details at Elvas - shame the fix can't be uploaded here, too.

Also maybe worth those building routes with UKFS adding the profile into the route before distribution (just a suggestion ).
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    My memory is not that good...

Unfortunately I have lost my log in details at Elvas - shame the fix can't be uploaded here, too.

Also maybe worth those building routes with UKFS adding the profile into the route before distribution (just a suggestion ).
    Vern

My guess is that you applied the fix to one (or more) of your routes at the time - ie. back in 2018. Check your routes for a folder called TRACKPROFILES with a file called "TrProfile.stf" in it. Copy and paste to your shiny new Plymouth-Penzance route folder and you're good to go.

Martin

Hi Ged,
    Look at (your) post #6 in the linked thread. The solution has been available for over 5 years now.

Keep safe

Martin

Hi Martin,
    My apologies
    I didn't look far enough back!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Up and running. Thanks for the help guys.
    Vern.