Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Scenic Bernina freeware route now ORTS compliant

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    814

    Default Scenic Bernina freeware route now ORTS compliant

    The scenic Swiss Bernina freeware route is now fully OR-compliant (besides being still runnable also under MSTS).
    You can download the route by clicking here http://www.rhb-trainsim.com/ and then clicking on the "Bernina Bahn" item on the vertical menu at the left. You will be directed to a page where you have to download and install 8 files. Follow carefully the instructions and the readmes.
    There is a pack of activities that have been tested and adapted to OR.
    Last edited by csantucci; 04-06-2020 at 06:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    Nice one. Downloading now.
    Vern.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    What a beautiful route and rolling stock! Much improvement over the Simtrain.ch payware route.

    A real challenge to drive (already running late) especially as unlike the DTG/Thomson Bernina Line there is no speed control on the locos and railcars, that I can see.
    Vern.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    Quick question which I thought I'd append here?

    What is the policy about using objects from the Bernina Line in a personal project, which might or might not eventually end up released as a freeware offering? Can't see much in the readme other than the route itself can't be re-shared which is fair enough.

    I had a couple of ideas for a freelance RhB style route which I might like to try making at some point.
    Vern.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    443

    Default

    I have a missing shape file - ch_fwerk1.s & .sd - per routeriter. Route works fine just wondering where to get this file. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    known universe
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    I have a missing shape file - ch_fwerk1.s & .sd - per routeriter. Route works fine just wondering where to get this file. Thank you.
    That file can be found in RMD East or West routes. Just did a search of my routes.
    Tr_RouteFile (
    RouteID ( RMD_East )
    Name ( "Milwaukee RMD East: Subs 1&2" )
    Tr_RouteFile (
    RouteID ( RMD_West )
    Name ( "Milwaukee RMD West: Subs 3&4" )
    bandicam 2020-04-09 13-13-06-610.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Thank you sir, I guess I didn't wait long enough for my computer search as I have both of those routes, although on a different drive. Again a big thank you!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Torino, Italy.
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Quick question which I thought I'd append here?

    What is the policy about using objects from the Bernina Line in a personal project, which might or might not eventually end up released as a freeware offering? Can't see much in the readme other than the route itself can't be re-shared which is fair enough.

    I had a couple of ideas for a freelance RhB style route which I might like to try making at some point.
    Hi Vern,
    of course you can do what you want for your personal use.
    Re re-using objects in another route for public freeware use, I need some days to reply to you, for the simple reason that the route had many contributors, so I'll have to contact them individually, and I hope to find updated contact info for them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    5,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Hi Vern,
    of course you can do what you want for your personal use.
    Re re-using objects in another route for public freeware use, I need some days to reply to you, for the simple reason that the route had many contributors, so I'll have to contact them individually, and I hope to find updated contact info for them.
    Thanks Carlos, much appreciated.
    Vern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •