Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win 10 & Severn Valley Railway/West Somerset Railway route CDs

Many thanks, Gentlemen, for your very rapid feedback!

Now that the American Classics add-on has been mentioned, I was sure I had it somewhere ... and have found the download version! That version links to the Just Trains website and requires you to log in!! Unfortunately, Utility22 wasn't able to unpack it and I've not been able to manually circumvent that requirement, but I'm working on it! I'm sorry it didn't work for you, Peter, but, in the meantime, can you please tell me what, if any, error messages were displayed.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged,

Well I'm fairly certain that I'm the ONLY Yank with all three of the routes/packages you mentioned, but in every case I have the Just Trains download version, not the CD version. And in each case the installer worked superbly.

So I tried a few other route/train packages I have, including the Halycon Das grosse Fahrzeugpaket, the MT Evesham Branch, and the BATS Southern Region (Woking to Basingstoke) CD's, and they too all worked fine. I'm certain, knowing you, that your little utility works excellently, but as of yet I have not been able to employ it! :-)

Perhaps one of the many games that I have (well over 200) will display this problem. It might help if you can give a time period in which this security system was used to help me narrow down the dates.

Regards,

David

Hi David,
    Yes, the downloads will all work OK because they don't use the SecuRom/SafeDisc system. I don't know about the Halcyon CD, but the other CDs you mentioned don't use it either!

Judging by the file dates, I would put the time period as 2002 - 2004 - hope that helps

Cheers,
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Geoff (Lateagain) please clear your inbox,you have a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Geoff (Lateagain) please clear your inbox,you have a pm.
    Beat me to it.... just got the Box Full message and have cleared some space. Shame we can't archive useful messages without the boxes filling up?

Anyway should post now. Thanks again
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

BIG PROBLEM with download.

When you click on the Utility it downloads the file above it in the library and NOT the Utility ZIP.
    Geoff
    UK

Hi Geoff,
    I've just downloaded it without any problem so it could have been just a temporary malfunction!

Cheers,
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I tried American Classics (disc version) again on my WIN 7 machine,and once I pointed it to an MSTS installation,it installed fine.I can now run the stuff on the Nene Valley,SVR,Peak Line,etc !

Hi Peter,
    My utility is primarily designed for Win 10 users for whom the SecuRom/SafeDisc drivers have been removed, and cannot be reinstated. I think it was in September 2015 that those drivers were removed from Win 7, but could be re-installed by the user. It likely that you are running Win7 which hasn't been updated, in which case, the CD will install without any problem - I hope you're not using it to connect to the internet!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Peter,
    My utility is primarily designed for Win 10 users for whom the SecuRom/SafeDisc drivers have been removed, and cannot be reinstated. I think it was in September 2015 that those drivers were removed from Win 7, but could be re-installed by the user. It likely that you are running Win7 which hasn't been updated, in which case, the CD will install without any problem - I hope you're not using it to connect to the internet!!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi Ged, Peter,

Firstly download issue sorted and Utility downloaded and installed.

Second American Classics downloaded from CD using the utility to a created folder. All present and correct.

My current box is a Win7 upgraded to Win10 (which worked quickly and flawlessly ....so far ) and previously neither this OR a box that I'd kept Win7, to run a few odds and sods that WON'T run in Win10, would even read the American Classics CD.

So thanks again guys for your help and another great Utility Ged.

Downside is that the models do look, understandably, rather dated now ....but some tweaks with better sounds for the Kettles and skins for some of the stock might make them blend in better with newer stuff.

BTW forgot you get a choice of two cab views for the Hudson's, full frontal or Engineers view and there's a switch to change individual locos. (4 Hudson's included)

In case anyone's interested in such an old add-on I'll post some Shape Viewer shots of what was in it.
    Geoff
    UK