Thread: Mini-routes in Windows 10

Default Mini-routes in Windows 10

I used Route Riter to create a mini-route. Followed the instructions on the Steam4Me tutorial, things didn't go exactly as advertised, had to move trainset and consist folders/files manually, but otherwise appeared to work correctly.

My route opens fine in the Editors & Tools application, but when I try to open the simulator itself it give me a black screen and crashes.

Yes, my route has an activity with paths, correct trainset and consist entries. The route works fine in the original setting.

I must be missing something else.

I've set up mini-routes on XP and W7 machines, no problem, but my new computer has Windows 10. I don't know whether that's an issue or not.

I've tried looking through the wonderful search function here, but as in the past, it just gives me a headache.

Does anyone have any recent experience in setting up mini-routes in Windows 10 and can share some suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

A shot in the dark...by chance do you have OpenRails installed?

Try starting your route with OR - have logging enabled -- the contents of the log file may provide a clue as to the issue.