Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best experience in my almost 20 years of simming

Quote Originally Posted by arunpandit View Post
    I’ve been simming for almost 20 years but it has never felt that good or that realistic! That’s no joke. I’ve just joined the Depot, a community that runs realistic online operations in Run8. I passed my checkride yesterday and had the most amazing introduction ever, by one of the stuff members, known as Bubba, who devoted several hours of his time to introduce me to Depot+ operations and teach me the ropes.

Running realistic operations, on a railway spanning hundreds of miles, with hundreds of industries, on a 1:1 scale, and with not just AI, but other people, who do real jobs on the line, was like a dream come true. It has never been this amazing. I just did a 5 hour run and still want more.
    Exactly why Run8 works for those that want a true simulator and not an automated toy. And, as you know, Depot servers are well run and thriving, especially since more folks are at home. You would never know it by most of what gets posted here. Of course some of us are nothing but 'arse kissers' and what would we know about rail-simming anyway? I see you have already deleted your account, probably after reading all the anti Run8 & Depot blather. It's no wonder the few of us that are enthusiastic and see Run8 for what it is meant to be, have little interest in passing along updates and new content info as it would fall on mostly deaf ears. See ya' over at the Depot arunpandit.

"arse kissers"? You mean those that can't have their own opinion about something, and might shatter the status-quo? I sound like a broken record, but in case you missed the dozen times I've said this. Run8 is the best Train Simulator on the planet. I follow "these" forums for new and updates regarding Run8 because I'm not used to seeing "arse kissers" here but fans of the product and those who may like certain aspects and want to see Run8 grow.

I'm glad Depot is thriving, as is other smaller servers recently from the buzz I have been seeing. But this isn't going to last forever. Never disputed the opinion the original post here because for the most part I agree with it. However for me personally Run8 has grown old. Just because others seek out another sim or enjoy it doesn't mean it's a toy to them. Visually I'm happy with what I'm running now, and have not been this invested into a product since the starting days of Run8. But I do wish Run8 the best in their future products and as I said monitor these forums for the latest information. It's still on my hard drive, and I wouldn't be surprised if I run it again some day.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    I sound like a broken record
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    It's still on my hard drive, and I wouldn't be surprised if I run it again some day.
    Wondering why those here who don't use the program including those who repeatedly claim Run8 isn't even loaded on their computer(s) hijack the thread with snide comments or long-winded posts. It certainly drives Run8 enthusiasts away and diminishes the incentive to share files and alert others to updates. I've tried Open Rails and got bored with it fast so their is no reason for me to populate their forum with opinion.

Until a month ago I was still running Run8 be it not as much. I've already said why I check these forums out. But when a nice complimentary thread gets hijacked by drama then I tend to reply. But I don't have the time for the long winded replies. Better things to do. Plenty of people here continue to use Run8 and support it. Plenty of people to stand up for Run8. Which is why you haven't seen me post anything but replying on the occasional drama.

Thanks

Sean

Hey seagoon. Are you still running Run8 on a 386? I thought I heard you upgraded a while back. Just curious.

Cheers

Really, having a descent constructive conversation is one thing but if your going to slam each other considered this thread closed,the choice is yours.
    Work Safe play hard

Honestly it's a shame a nice praising thread needs to have a dig at people who may have any critical ideas on Run8. This is the kind of thing that makes this forum less inviting and negative. I even seen it in the screenshot forum which is full of great ideas and images. Yes that baits me into replying, but I've been pretty inactive in this forum here for several weeks now for a reason.

But back on the topic at hand, if anyone asked if I would recommend Run8 I would say yes, then ask them what are they looking for? Run8 has the most authentic simulation of trains that I have seen in any simulation. If they are looking for other things that Run8 doesn't cover well then I would guide them as best as I can.

I became a member of these forums back in the days of MSTS. Don't let my member since date fool you. There was a period of time I stopped running MSTS and got back into it. I forgot my login or whatever and became a member again. There is an enthusiastic group of members here that I have the pleasure of having very nice conversations and debates with many you see in this thread.

I won't comment any further so that I don't ruffle any more feathers. But since we are promoting other forums in this thread, I have 2 links in my signature. If you want my true feelings that is likely inappropriate for these forums, I had what some are saying to me was an entertaining 20 minute rant this morning. As for being critical about Run8, I've said all I need to say about it. It is on my computer waiting to see what the future holds. I'm too busy with other things when I'm not at work at lunch, or on other forums geared toward my sim of choice these days.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Hey seagoon. Are you still running Run8 on a 386? I thought I heard you upgraded a while back. Just curious.

Cheers
    Yeah, Ezra. I've gone up to a 486DX, mate.
    No, seriously, the line in my sig simply represents the very first PC I had.

But I did upgrade more recently...a fortnight ago, in fact. Had a new one built for me in prep for FS2020.
    Specs, if you are interested:-

CPU: Core i-5 9400F
    GPU: RTX-2070 Super 8GB
    RAM: 16GB
    Storage: 2TB SS
    D
    Pro
    Internal wifi card
    DVD burner80+
    Gold 750W power supply

Wireless keyboard & mouse
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    .... if your going to .....
    "You're".
    As in "you are".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Been following along, with both sides of the fence going at it, somehow this morn got on my better side, just felt the need to share this snipit, really no ill will intended, please see in it nothing more than lite heartedness.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/railroadtransportationsimulator/images/9/9a/Rakishi.gif/revision/latest?cb=20200425121019 Perhaps this is the new facemask everyone's desperately trying to find during the C19 outbreak....lol.....