Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best experience in my almost 20 years of simming

arunpandit Guest

Default The best experience in my almost 20 years of simming

I’ve been simming for almost 20 years but it has never felt that good or that realistic! That’s no joke. I’ve just joined the Depot, a community that runs realistic online operations in Run8. I passed my checkride yesterday and had the most amazing introduction ever, by one of the stuff members, known as Bubba, who devoted several hours of his time to introduce me to Depot+ operations and teach me the ropes.

Running realistic operations, on a railway spanning hundreds of miles, with hundreds of industries, on a 1:1 scale, and with not just AI, but other people, who do real jobs on the line, was like a dream come true. It has never been this amazing. I just did a 5 hour run and still want more.

Quote Originally Posted by arunpandit View Post
    I’ve been simming for almost 20 years but it has never felt that good or that realistic! That’s no joke. I’ve just joined the Depot, a community that runs realistic online operations in Run8. I passed my checkride yesterday and had the most amazing introduction ever, by one of the stuff members, known as Bubba, who devoted several hours of his time to introduce me to Depot+ operations and teach me the ropes.

Running realistic operations, on a railway spanning hundreds of miles, with hundreds of industries, on a 1:1 scale, and with not just AI, but other people, who do real jobs on the line, was like a dream come true. It has never been this amazing. I just did a 5 hour run and still want more.
    Glad to hear you are enjoying Run8. The best train sim in the world.

Have you tried the latest route add-on "Lone Pine Branch and Trona Railway"? http://www.run8studios.com/lonepine.shtml

If you like Southern Pacific/Union Pacific (SP/UP) branch operations and Mojave interchange you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Have you tried the latest route add-on "Lone Pine Branch and Trona Railway"? http://www.run8studios.com/lonepine.shtml

If you like Southern Pacific/Union Pacific (SP/UP) branch operations and Mojave interchange you will love it.
    When was that released, Ezra?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Bruce over a few months ago now.
    Work Safe play hard

Originaly Posted by westerngy

Bruce over a few months ago now
    Well that's a disappointing reply from westerngy, - what happened to? "...keep up...lol" .

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    When was that released, Ezra?
    A few months back. Just hauled up a string of empties, out of Mojave yard, and cut them into the interchange at Searels with the SD70`s. This is a gem for single player.

P.S. I don`t have the SD45`s yet. Now I have to get them. But I do have the "Tunnel" motors.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ezra; 04-22-2020 at 01:25 AM.

I don't recall seeing any mention of its release here in the Run 8 forum until Ezra's mention just now.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Yeah...I realise that now but I don't regularly check their site.
    Odd that nobody popped in an initial "heads up" here....someone usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Yeah...I realise that now but I don't regularly check their site.
    Odd that nobody popped in an initial "heads up" here....someone usually does.
    It is sweet Seagoon. Go get it.
    Attached Images Attached Images