Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSRE Crash using Error Display > [Select Object]

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    No, the error means precisely what I told you above. If the signals are 100% good in MSTS/OR then it may be a TSRE sigscr bug.
    Maybe letter case in the names between .W file and sigscr file doesn't match?
    A case mismatch . . . well there's a new one!
    Your previous versions didn't seem to have a problem with up/low case mismatch. Why now?

I will check but the problem is as I stated; There are two TDBItems superimposed together and when selecting these items there is no way to tell what TDBItems they are because there is no properties display.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    A case mismatch . . . well there's a new one!
    Your previous versions didn't seem to have a problem with up/low case mismatch. Why now?
    No, it always worked this way here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I will check but the problem is as I stated; There are two TDBItems superimposed together and when selecting these items there is no way to tell what TDBItems they are because there is no properties display.
    No, there is properties window for tdbitem.

Default Object Panel Signal List Missing

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    [1]No, it always worked this way here.
    [2]No, there is properties window for tdbitem.
    1. Okay but never had problems/errors previously. Assume new error routine does look for case mismatch?
    2. You got me there. Never noticed.

But a more pressing problem has surfaced: No more signals in Object Menu.

I decided to take on fixing some signal errors. These are/were the signals that I spoke of with the superimposed TDBItem black cubes (two were THREE superimposed black cubes each!

I Jumped to the location and by keeping the Properties display off was able to delete the four signals listed in the new Error Report panel. There were, after deleting the signals (red pyramid & signal shape) approx 8! black cubes waiting for deletion. I deleted them all.(thank you for that)
    Now had a clean gantry to replace the four signals I deleted.
    I went to the Object menu, selected [Signals] and . . . no signals listed at all! Speedpost and Milepost looked okay but no signals.

I reloaded TSRE5_v0.697.exe, selected Signals and all were there. I replaced the ones I had deleted and all looked good.
    Sorry to be bringer of bad news.
    Take your time, there's no hurry as I can use the new 698 ver. to flesh out the errors and the 697 ver. to replace any signals I remove.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 04-14-2020 at 08:03 PM.

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I went to the Object menu, selected [Signals] and . . . no signals listed at all! Speedpost and Milepost looked okay but no signals.
    So, now you know why TSRE can't find SignalShape and reports signal errors. There is a problem with loading sigscr file.
    In .698 there was a change in loading sigscr file to fix this bug:
    http://www.onrails.eu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=156
    But maybe it caused another. You have to send me your sigscr file.

The signals work fine in version .697 . . . In .698 no signals show in the objects Menu.

Here's a link my DropBox with the signal files.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/92m2qi803...NhE4UPRWa?dl=0

Thanks for your attention.
    regards,