Thread: Bernina Line Split

Default Bernina Line Split

With my interest in the Bernina Line rekindled by the MSTS/ORTS version, got to thinking about the TS version. On release, this only ran from St Moritz to Poschiavo, leaving off arguably one of the more interesting sections not to mention the entire point of the route onward to Tirano.

Noticed on Steam there is now a new full price route based on Poschiavo to Tirano which immediately begs the following questions:

1. Why on earth wasn't this just done as an extension to the existing route so you could drive the logical entirety of the line?

2. Accepting it is what it is, can the two routes be merged to provide the continuous run.

Hopefully someone from Rivet Games (Thomson) can enlighten us.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ......Noticed on Steam there is now a new full price route based on Poschiavo to Tirano which immediately begs the following questions:

1. Why on earth wasn't this just done as an extension to the existing route so you could drive the logical entirety of the line?

2. Accepting it is what it is, can the two routes be merged to provide the continuous run.

Hopefully someone from Rivet Games (Thomson) can enlighten us.
    Good questions, Vern.
    I have the original (Bernina Pass, released 2018) but never thought of buying the extension to Tirano.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Apparently there is a merge available on Steam Workshop, if you own both routes.

However at the moment I'm pretty happy running the MSTS/OR version.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Apparently there is a merge available on Steam Workshop, if you own both routes.

However at the moment I'm pretty happy running the MSTS/OR version.
    Thanks, Vern.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0