Thread: Article: Siskurail.org Back Online

Default Article: Siskurail.org Back Online

Dale, you have my congrats, keep up the good work.

Good to see your project back online. Thanks for the work.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Welcome back,Dale.

Dale here... Just stopped by to say, "Much thanks to everyone." Wanted everyone to know how things are going... I had over 1,600 visits on Sunday and another 1,600 visits on Monday. All of that makes going back to work on the Route worth the effort. A sincere thanks to the folks at TrainSim, Elvas Tower, and OpenRails for getting the word out. Hope to see you at http://www.siskurail.org...

Started at Springfield Jnct....tied up at Wheeler...so far..:"))

Nice job Dale

************************************************** ******************************************
    ************************************************** ******************************************
    ** The Siskiyou Route obtained these engines from Parker Boots, who in turn received them
    ** from Danny Beck, who released them for public use saying that they can be used in any
    ** way except for commercial profit.
    ** Date: Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM
    ** To: Parker Boots <[email protected]>
    ** These files are not for resale or individual profit in any way but feel free to reskin
    ** and share! Thanks for your support over the years!*** Take care!
    ** ORIGINAL POST BY DANNY BECK...
    ** Hey, everyone! Long time no see! So let me get right to it... this has been a tough
    ** decision to make but I am going to make available (for free) some work that I did for
    ** SLI. It has been over 2 years since I have received payment for the work I completed.
    ** And my models continue to be used and re-used without the compensation that was agreed
    ** upon. Not trying to air out dirty laundry - just giving a back story and explain the
    ** reason for this. The stipulations of our agreement were that I maintain the rights to my
    ** work but SLI has the right to sell the work as well... So I am taking the work I did and
    ** giving it away. I'm not get paid anyway.
    ** I won't be uploading the files here though. Just PM me and let me know what you want! The
    ** files won't contain physics files or sounds. Just the model and textures.
    ** I will also be making available the work that I did for MSTS2 (that SLI is also currently
    ** selling without notifying me or compensation)... just need to get the models exported.
    ** I have no other recourse as my attempts to contact SLI has gone unanswered.
    ** Thanks and happy new year!
    ** And just so I am clear and to reiterate - I do have the rights to do with these models
    ** whatever I wish. I'm not saying SLI wasn't given permission to sell and redistribute them,
    ** I just have not been payed as agreed. And I am only offering the MSTS export files.
    ** Not source files.
    Cheers
    Derek