Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route World Rebuild

Default Route World Rebuild

Will this feature become available in a future update? Unless I'm mistaken TSRE users have no options to do a complete world rebuild.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Sure ya do...Click one piece of track/road at a time until the route is rebuilt! Yes it is tedious but can be done.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

Well yeah... but I want something like in MSRE..automatic..
    Todd

I don't think Goku has implemented that yet...I have a feature request of my own too!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

I think he had a like function in early builds but has took that out , don't know why or what reason. It should have been available in a early build to start with. Just like the grade feature, its a needed vita function.
    Todd

Why is there still a need for a complete rebuild though? MSTS re did not have any of the other tdb maintenance features as TSRE hence a tdb rebuild was almost your only choice to fix some errors

With TSRE & route riter, Ive yet to come across any scenario that needs a complete tdb rebuild. What used to take the entire database rebuild now can be fixed locally node to node using TSRE

Route riter come into play for periodic tdb integrity checks & cleanup if necessary , although on that front TSRE does have a way of generating tdb entries that produce false positives in route riter. But knowing what to look for that too can be managed

If you're working on a route with a previously slagged TDB or RDB, the rebuild function would be more than useful.

I agree that TSRE needs its own TDB rebuild as MSRE can come to things annoying an crash the rebuild process like that random or same area tile with that error "Remove_Track_Vector" whatever bug then you got to manually rebuild it on your own manually or keep trying an get lucky.

I find MSRE, TSRE an Route Riter good tools together as each have its flaws an can fix eachother when it comes to TDB.

TSRE:

Useful. Of course its useful for me now to build new track faster then MSRE an lay or rotate objects easy such as signals or posts. I indeed like it how it can delete a flaw MSRE cant fix like when locked junctions or adjacent track cant be selected.

Flaws. After I have laid new track sections like Dynamic track or switches even after removing/adding back to TDB with "Z" key over an over I run test it in the sim then my train does back flips, mirrors itself, derail looks, train floating above or bellow the track etc. Solver to that is fix it going in MSRE by selecting then de selecting it then it fixes the node to correct level an path. Kinda why I started selecting new placed track by TSRE in MSRE as if it was my track tamperer an grader that I imagine a route editor being a MOW Track Simulator with Rail Grinder an welders put to use

Route Riter:

Useful: Its very useful checking routes TDB for errors an also reorganizing sections UID so when it comes to adding new track or even merging a route you wont have to worry of Dynamic sections in tsection having mix ups derailing your train because sim getting confused of the path section that are new vs old. I like how it tells me when existing track or roads wont be defined (track invisible) due to error that I have to go an fix it in MSRE or TSRE by deleting an adding a fresh piece then scan reorganize check it again in RRiter till I see the error gone then copy an paste the new files over an start where I want to next. Sofar Route Riter is my rebuild organizer an warning tool telling me if its safe to organize or not an what needs to be done if important to me before organizing a TDB even though some errors are not a big deal to crash anything or cant be fixed but is harmless such as roads for cars or invisible track hidden in benifite in some locations to place clutter, flag or mow crew for future activities or maybe I want to see a tree on fire or lightning bolts from the sky lol.

Flaws: Flaw to mention is Route Riter doesn't like dynamic track made with TSRE very much neither does MSRE (when you got to edit it or select) under the factor when the degree starts off with positive curves curving right vs curves starting negative left which it likes an won't delete unless radius exceeds 2000. Simple fix for this is lay the Dynamic at the section for it to flex a curve starting to the left instead of right. We all know MSRE for years wont let you dynamic curve right an if you needed it right you always got to flip the direction with "T" key which TSRE doesnt let you flip dynamic track with its "X" key.

MSRE:

Useful. As mentioned in the above sections it can be helpful to fix TDB nodes by selecting then deselecting those weird TSRE caused sections to flip, mirror, derail, float etc your train. It can also be useful for what this topic says of rebuilding as well as help you after a rebuild get rid of fouled interactives when manually visiting each tile with errors asking you to delete then once deleted an saved wont pop that error.

Flaw. Not really going to mention all its flaws but one of them is track vector error crashing it when a TDB rebuild is in progress gets annoying even if you set the starting tile where error is can sometimes get you lucky. MSTS or MSRE doesn't like tiles made by TSRE but you can make them visible where TDB is on a world tile selecting track or road then saving saying yes to terrain changes even with one select no major changes but is going to be hard to make distance tiles with no track or road to be visible in MSTS but not problem with ORTS.

Only in very early versions did I see TSRE do what you describe , flipping trains ect.and that was Dyn Trk only that caused the problem. There is a complete record of my notes to/from Goku during it's development at Elvas Tower.
    Witness the PRR-East v2 for up close view as to how TSRE performs.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Why is there still a need for a complete rebuild though? MSTS re did not have any of the other tdb maintenance features as TSRE hence a tdb rebuild was almost your only choice to fix some errors
    Why ?
    Because it is easier then manually doing it going to have it done automatically. As Eric and UP-4848_Thunder said it will be more then useful .
    Todd